Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Did snowboarding whoop skiing today?

Poster: A snowHead
Discuss..... but the slope style came across as highly competitive, very, very good natured and the commentary was mental. Great fun, and a great advert for boarding.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The commentary from Aimee was - erm. Something?

She's not the sharpest peanut in the poo is she?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr Pieholeo, Everything I read around seems to indicate her commentary was loved? Maybe not for the purists but it was fun on a wet dreary Sunday morning.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Woooooooooargh, MASSIVE!. Lovely tweaked bopside to 9 three jofty. Stromp!"

Ten grand please.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or was that Ed? I can't tell them apart.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It was just great fun to watch and celebrated snowsports as being fun.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Pieholeo, Think I'd be that excited if one of my mates was about to land an Olympic medal, Nice to see those super womens who do those crazy things off the kickers are just as human as the rest of us!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
her commentary was great.

What a contrast to the miserable sod that was Bode Miller.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Loved the commentary once Aimee was in the box (not that it was bad before), she made it so much more fun snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dunno about whooping skiing, but OUR SPORT IS ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE TIMES TODAY. Even those over in The Whitehouse may have to acknowledge us now.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

competitive

they were listening to their ipods... they didnt know when to go... I imagine the training consisted of downing a few jagerbombs

not to take anything away from JJ, first snow medal is amazing, Dame Jones?? In fact re the above she was one of the few that seemed to take it seriously.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hobbiteater, I *think* you're referring to a rarely seen phenomenon in professional sports called "fun".
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Richard_Sideways, no, lack of professionalism.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hobbiteater wrote:
Richard_Sideways, no, lack of professionalism.

bet you'd be fun down the pub rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Brilliant commentary, great result. snowHead
latest report
hobbiteater, so what? Isn't the Olympics supposed to be more or less an amateur event (in theory if not really in practice)? And if the training is so risible, let's see you pull off the smallest of those tricks after a night on the Jaeger.
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, Skiing slopestyle later in the week should balance it out! Comparing alpine with slopestyle is not really a like with like comparison
snow report
Lizzard,

No, the Olympics is supposed to be elite, the best of the best performing to their maximum. Not saying they are not talented just that they dont seem to approach it like any other sportsperson. Mo Farrah didnt run with headphones in and 5000m is boring as hell surely.... In fact its more they are squandering their talent.

And lets be clear JJ was an exception to this - i found her attitude to be by far the most professional and what i expected. I think that is why she got Bronze despite being at the twilight of her career and coming back from injury. Thats why i think she should be knighted. Thats why she made me proud to be British.
snow report
Really really exciting competition! But I thought let down by Aimee's commentary, shreaking and screaming. Looks like 300 people agreed enough to actually complain Shocked But then I knew they'd get complaints after... Why they didn't just leave it with Tim and Ed I don't know. They were great for the men's, and the women's semi-finals, I thought

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26116848
snow report
I think there are an awful lot of whingers out there. Especially sad to take the time to complain about this sort of things.
It's sad when commentators are not allowed to show a bit of bias toward their own competitors. I am not even British and I didn't think the trio's comments where in any way disrespectful or malicious towards other competitors. They were actually full of praises for quite a few other riders. And the alleged "cheers" weren't actually aimed at people falling, just at the realisation of a medal getting closer... People should lighten up.
The content might not have been the most technical but at least it was fun..
ski holidays
hobbiteater wrote:
Lizzard,

No, the Olympics is supposed to be elite, the best of the best performing to their maximum. Not saying they are not talented just that they dont seem to approach it like any other sportsperson. Mo Farrah didnt run with headphones in and 5000m is boring as hell surely.... In fact its more they are squandering their talent.

And lets be clear JJ was an exception to this - i found her attitude to be by far the most professional and what i expected. I think that is why she got Bronze despite being at the twilight of her career and coming back from injury. Thats why i think she should be knighted. Thats why she made me proud to be British.

squandering talent by listening to headphones, your crazy......

you should watch some of the gb team podcasts to get a better idea as to the work and sacrafices that some of these people make.

I cant think of any other events were people with concussion and broken ribs would continue to compete and I very much doubt that Moh would ever accuse them of not being proffesional either.

what is it about jenny jones's attitude that was any different to others? she's been known to do things that the lifetime sober jamie nicholls wouldnt ever dream of!
snow report
Quote:

Yes, if you like listening to an angle grinder.
snow conditions
Quote:

I cant think of any other events were people with concussion {snip} would continue to compete

now that is criminal of the organisers
latest report
Mr Pieholeo,
Quote:

Quite liked it myself Very Happy
snow conditions
Sadly not. As soon as the ski slopestyle event starts, the ski-centric media will forget that the snowboard slopestyle event ever happened, or exists at all. This is exactly what happened at the last winter Olympics - snowboarder cross happens, media and viewers go "WOW!", then a couple of days later the ski cross happens, media (if not viewers) go "WOW! We've never seen anything like this before!".
snow report
vinerower,Chances are the skiers will throw down bigger tricks and more rotations than the boarders, does that make them better? No its just how the equipment works
snow report
Tonights mens moguls were deff 'WOW' rolling eyes
ski holidays
Mitchell wrote:
Mr Pieholeo,
Quote:

Quite liked it myself Very Happy

Loved it! Someone genuinely totally stoked one of her mates was on for a medal! Stuff BBC impartiality Amiee had every right to be excited and whoop every time someone else fell!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, It hurt to watch Shocked
snow report
Can't believe that the commentators are getting so much stick for cheering a great result for JJ. Have a listen to the French when Marion Roland won the World Champs 2013.

http://youtube.com/v/s3lSQRNAe3w

Every pointed gained for Andy Murry at Wombledon, even if a mistake by the oppo got raptuous applause. We all cheer our own success.

Daft commentary at times, but very refreshing. Very Happy
snow report
I loved Aimee in the box - she had something positive to say about all the riders and was great at the pattter. Not many people can chat like that on live TV.

Not sure having ear phones in is unprofessional? Probably they do it to help them concentrate and block out the crowds?
ski holidays
The answer to the OP question is .... YES!

Commentary was shameful imv.
snow conditions
Mo would have earphones in if they weren't prohibited and he thought the beat or click track would help him pace himself giving a competitive advantage- let's not fool ourselves.

Aimee was brilliant for a "colour commentator" IMV.
ski holidays
Swissie wrote:
Quote:

Yes, if you like listening to an angle grinder.

probably best if you stay well clear of Sophie Nicholls's (Jamies sister) interviewing technique then!! Laughing
snow report
Why do people get so worked up? Aimee was brilliant, she is young and was excited for her friend and team mate. Remember she didn't make it through, so I think it showed great character to be there and in such good spirits.

The athletes are clearly very professional in their sport, Their behaviour may differ from other athletes in other events but Slopestyle comes from a different place, it is still a baby compared to Downhill. The rules are different, the competitors can be creative with the line down the slope. its not about pure speed. so i think a different attitude is needed. And finally I think it is refreshing to see a sport where the competitors are clearly loving what they are doing and supporting each other whilst still competing alongside each other.
snow conditions
Quote:

Mo Farrah didnt run with headphones in

And? Why would you think any less of him if he did? Puzzled
snow report
I just thought they might want to concentrate thats all, but I guess brain surgeons listen to music, or so the media leads us to believe and airline pilots read newspapers, so ill accept im wrong on this one
snow report
hobbiteater wrote:
I just thought they might want to concentrate thats all

It can aid concentration as it blocks out background noise and we are all assuming they were on, might have just been for effect, anyway who gives a toss, what she or any of those ladies could do on a board was truly amazing. You can only criticize when you can do better Toofy Grin

Personally I loved the commentary, nothing wrong with a bit of passion. Boarding came across as really cool. I wonder how long though before someone suggests that for aerodynamics wearing tight Lycra suits might work better than baggy clothes? By the way not being sexist with that point, would say for the blokes to, surely it must effect what they do to a point?
latest report
I have occasionally been know to venture into a park myself and, for me, music definitely helps when you're trying to psych yourself up to go bigger or try a new trick.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy