Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villars de Lans .. Vercors regions. Anyone there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're heading out on Feb 22nd to Villars for a young family trip (a warm up for my proper week at Val T. from March 22nd .. Happy.

Is there anyone around the Vercors region at the moment, Lans en Vercors or Villars who can update on current conditions.

It seems a little on the warm side, and the webcams don't seem that reliable. From what I can tell, Villars seems to be closed???? Not sure why. A bit worrying.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bit of a white out today but looks ok

this is clearer, bottom of pistes

http://www.villarddelans.com/bulletin_neige_enneigement_pistes_domaine_skiable_station_de_ski_webcam_pistes-bulletin_meteo-1926-HIVER-FR-reservation_sejour.html

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 13-02-14 16:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Davidof - Are you still living nr Grenoble? What happened to the Small French Resorts thread Happy Was always one of my favourites.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's loads of resorts closed today due to the wind but snow conditions are ok on the Vercors plateau.

This year junior is largely ski de fonding with the school so not much time to do anything else.

btw while I'm here, congratulations to Martin Fourcade, double olympic gold winner at Sotchi and to his brother Simon both with the Villard des Lans ski club.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This was at 1400m in the Chartreuse this morning

a little heavy but still good skiing. The Vercors has better snow than the Chartreuse at the mo.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is that St Pierre? I used to go there a lot with the kids when we were living in Grenoble -- we're back in the UK now (bad decision). I like the Chartreuse.

Hopefully conditions better in the Vercours. Just worried about the temperature. Villard is quite low (at least relative to Val T !).

We were going to go to Chamrousse (where I've spent many a fine day) - but we couldn't find any suitable accommodation. A great station though. Lots of fun.

Trying Villard for the 1st time.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been mostly skiing in the Vercors this season - mainly at Lans-en-Verors, Meaudre, and Autrans having bought the Vercors Massif season pass which includes these 3 resorts. Snow is good, I've had some fantastic days out in good powder on mostly empty or near empty pistes. The only days it's been really busy is when Villard has been closed due to high winds, which don't affect the lower resorts as mush (especially Lans-en-Vercors which only has teleskis).

Don't worry, it is fairly warm at the moment, but the snow is good. The Vercors is great for family skiing, and very pretty to boot. I'm going to try a free ski de fond lesson at Villard tomorrow.

As David says, congratulations to Martin Fourcade.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CharlieL wrote:
Is that St Pierre?

St P. is a good spot but no, it's the Bec Charvet backside:

http://pistehors.com/bec-charvet-north-face.19382422013-route-469298.htm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great, if you're there tomorrow can you report back on the snow conditions? Good to hear that the snow is holding up in the Vercors -- making me feel a lot better (was starting to worry). Don't know Bec Charvet -- looks great Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charlie, we spent the morning cross country skiing at Bois Barbu just above Villard de Lans. There is virtually no snow at village level, but as soon as you start to climb towards the ski areas it's fine. We were at 1,100 / 1,300 metres and there was plenty of snow. We'll probably head back up tomorrow to Autrans and do some alpine skiing. Would be nice if it got a bit colder again though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the update. We're heading out next Saturday 22nd. It always looks so quiet on the webcams? Might have the place to ourselves.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is from the webcam at 2000m at Villard, apparently earlier today - looking down toward la ville. Not looking great. Doesn't seem to be great coverage even at that level. An no skiers?? Not sure what to make of the webcams at Villard????

Red Dave - Were you back there today? How is it at Lans en Vercors (lower?), or even Meudres? Alpes d'huez is going to be too far away if we need a back-up, and it is probably not much better at Alpes des Grandes Serre (nice place to ski though).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlie, we headed up to Autrans today with the little one. It was quiet, especially in the morning, though the holiday makers are starting to arrive - 1st French zone starts this weekend and we saw a few Dutch plates too. It was very warm again so the snow was soft throughout the day, though not slushy; there were no bare patches at Autrans, even on the low runs. A friend of mine was at Alpe d'Huez today and said most of the lifts were closed due to wind. No problem for us, but then altitude at top is only 1650 metres.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Merci! Let's hope the temps drop this week (what a weird season its has been - the resorts should be at their best by now). We're going to have to shift the jet stream - or start skiing further east.

Edit -- The webcam in my earlier post has updated. Snowing today - and looking much better, even in the valley. What a difference a day makes Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy