Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez lunch restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Looks like we may end up in Alpe d'Huez. Any suggestions for lunch?

Cheers

Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bottom of the slopes, either La Gaufrerie or the one almost underneath the main gondola (forgotten the name!!) - decent sized sandwiches or paninis, pizza slices in the second place too, all around the 5 or 5.50 euro mark. Soft drinks 2.50 ish, coffee a couple of euros. La gaufrerie is only small though, time it right!

Didn't eat on the hill as we were both heading off doing our own thing, so it was easier to agree a time and place to meet at the bottom.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks jocrad; wife and daughter will be in all day lessons so we may try and meet up with them on the hill for lunch. But if they end up in town them those could be a plan Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's one at the top of the first part of the gondola too, didn't eat there but did clock the prices and they were on a par with the ones we went in at the bottom.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If the weather is nice there's a hut called Le Stop (I think) somewhere about half way up and to the left of Marmottes 1 as you look up the hill. We had a really nice snack lunch there on New Years day in the sun, sitting in deck chairs and on furs on benches dug out of the snow. They did quite good noodle dishes as well as Panini type stuff. Quite hard to find because it's not very visible from above, and no good on a foul day! Otherwise we ate near the bottom of the DMC most days because we were all doing different things too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I always liked the place at Villard Reculas, perfect setting for lunch although I didn't get to eat there on our last visit. The self service place near the bottom of La Sarenne is great to sit outside after the effort of coming down. There are also a couple of places over at Auris if you get over there.

Did have one other nice lunch also last year, I'll have to work out where it was on the map though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My favourite place for a decent lunch is Chalet D'Oz, easy to ski past on the right of the Poutran just after a usually icy little stretch below the Perce Neige. Best tartiflette & genepi in the region, looking forward to lunching there next week snowHead

Otherwise La Grange just behind the junction of the Alpette/Rousses lifts does excellent pizza but gets a bit manic on the terrace on sunny days. La Folie Douce at the top of Marmottes 1 very good (if somewhat Disneyfied) and not as expensive as you might think.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Haven't been for a couple of years, but the Chalet du Lac Besson has always been great. Involves a bit of a hike back to the slopes as it's on a XC ski route, but I've always found it's been worth it, particularly on a sunny day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy