Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shaun White doesn't win anything

Poster: A snowHead
It's a shame that such a humble and modest man failed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If I was that good I would neither be humble nor modest. You should have posted - 'Old snowboarder get his ar5e kicked by youngsters'
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thornyhill, couldn't, because if he's old I am very old.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thecramps, everyone else had to get a week off from play school.

Anyway - You are very old. Your winter Olympic aspirations are now limited to curling....even that seems to have been hijacked by super fit 23 year old's.

For the ladies, I would have to add....some super FIT Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shaun White is a major hero of mine. His run at the Turin Olympics was amazing. I'm sure he will get the gag.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thornyhill, Too true, but to add some perspective to my "admiration" for the "great" Shaun White, I will tell a little story.

A friend of ours has a son who worshipped him, he was his hero. When he was 15, they went to America for a holiday, and who should Liam (for that is his name) meet at a park but the "great" Shaun White. Liam told him he was a huge fan and was stoked to meet him and asked him for his autograph. The "great" SW told him "get a life kid" and slid away. What a hero.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thecramps, most superstars are complete w4nkers. You only get that good by being concerned about No. 1. That said, when the years catch up, many of the superstars turn into no1 because they didn't appreciate the fans. I can't see another Shaun White Playstation game being released now. I am sure there are some who were masters of their sport and nice people to boot. Just not that many.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thecramps, funnily enough this reminds me of something I saw at the downhill course at Wengen, there on practise days anyone can come into the finish area and sit and watch, I sat there for a little while a few years back and was really impressed because without fail every downhill racer who was asked to sign something seemed more than happy to do so, be it pictures, jackets, shirts or helmets mostly it was young kids asking (pre teen) and a few older people, in the half hour or so I sat there I guess maybe a dozen racers came down and without fail all signed anything they were asked to, made me feel good that there are still world class sportsmen willing to do that.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thornyhill, I have been lucky to meet Paul Scholes, who was more than happy to chat to my son for as long as he wanted, Gordon Strachan was charming, Giacomo Agostini is a true gentleman, Joey Dunlop was a king amongst men and pulled a nice pint, Gordon Jackson invited me into his home and made me a cup of tea when I was a dispatch rider, he felt sorry for me as it was a horrible wet day, Suggs and Chas are a grounded nice pair of blokes, Kirsty Maccoll was delightful, and Danny Begara talked so much I had to excuse myself or I'd have missed my train.

It is not essential to be a superstar to also be an anus. They call it "focused". I call it arrogant and disrespectful of the very people who make them what they are.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, +1.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shaun White? He met me once.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kenzie, Cool Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I am sure there are some who were masters of their sport and nice people to boot. Just not that many.

I have been fortunate enough to exchange more than hello (although not a great deal more) with Muhammad Ali when he visited Birmingham, and both Jack Nicklaus and the late Seve Ballesteros at The Belfry.

All were absolute gents - they had to 'meet and greet' all day every day, but they still seemed interested in the few words we shared. When you meet folks like that you really do feel privileged.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've never met Shaun White, so have no idea whether he's any good at drinking.

But watching the "Crash Reel" put me right off him.
ski holidays
Mosha Marc wrote:
I've never met Shaun White, so have no idea whether he's any good at drinking.

But watching the "Crash Reel" put me right off him.

dont believe eveything that was said in the crash reel. There's speculation that mason aguirre wasnt exactly telling the truth.
snow report
I hope that Shaun White pulled out of slope style in time for someone else to take his place. I'm not sure his withdrawal was quite in line with the Olympic spirit.
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu, nope, someone missed out because of him.
snow conditions
To be fair, how Shaun White landed that last trick in the halfpipe, god only knows...
ski holidays
I'm not buying the "changing of the guard" thing. Shaun is still the best pipe rider in the world. He still put down the highest score at the games (in Qualifying). He didn't land his run on the night and IPod won fair-and-square, but Shaun is still a force to be reckoned-with.

This does not mean that I like him.
ski holidays
Quote:

That's just wrong. Utterly wrong. Too many athletes forget that they are invited to participate on behalf of their country, and NOT in their own right.
ski holidays
The games certainly wont go down as Whites favorite thats for sure.

The majority of snowboarders that I know really dont care and didnt even bother watching the stunt ditch events anyway. The Olympics might be the biggest stage for the sport, but the majority of snowboarders dont see snowboarding as a sport at all. Myself included.

If anyones interested, this is snowboarding its not competitive stunt spinning:

YAWGOONS 10 from Dr.B
http://vimeo.com/82909131
ski holidays
But the best is yet to come! Don't forget the snowboarding parallel slalom and parallel giant slalom events on the 19th and 22nd!....

*cough*
snow report
eddiethebus, Blimey, if that is snowboarding then I'm very glad I don't do it. It just looks like bored teenagers down the recreation park doing the same trick again and again and again ad infinitum. At least in the Olympics they are getting judged on their twirly tricks and there is a point to it. Never quite get my head around the fact that they have an entire mountain to play on and some if these guys just want to find a park bench.
latest report
Liam wrote:
To be fair, how Shaun White landed that last trick in the halfpipe, god only knows...

He didn't really land it, he just about managed not to crash...
latest report
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Quote:

That's just wrong. Utterly wrong. Too many athletes forget that they are invited to participate on behalf of their country, and NOT in their own right.

Errr ...not quite.
The countries get invited because the individuals meet World Cup (or similar) qualifying standards - the countries don't get carte Blanche return up.
latest report
sev112, I still think that while you qualify as an individual your invitation basically comes from you national OA and you are there represent your country.
snow report
If there was a medal for the best hair then Shaun White would have had that one sewn up.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

If there was a medal for the best hair then Shaun White would have had that one sewn up.

and Woodsy wouldn't have come close to qualifying
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy