Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term ski trip- Chamonix or Courmayeur?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at late availability half term skiing with the kids- and we've found what seem to be good options at either Chamonix or Courmayeur. We went to the latter last Easter and it was great- but thinking about Chamonix and have found a great deal for the four of us but lots of reviews say it's really bad queuing. So, is Chamonix at half term hell- and is Courmayeur better? Any other suggestions for a hotel/chalet anywhere else for that week? Any help appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doccam, never skied in Courmayeur, but at half term (which will also be Paris holidays in France) I think I'd choose it over Chamonix, especially as you have previous experience. I have experienced some really bad lift queues in Chamonix - even in low season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Family holiday at half term-not a good idea to go to Chamonix. Courmayeur will still be busy but a better option.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've done Courmayeur at 1/2term. Wasn't too busy at all compared with France, good food and coffee and very friendly/helpful locals. Not a big area though and you could soon get bored but a day or 2 in LaThuile helps that; I think one day is included in the standard pass or get the full Aosta Valley pass (includes Pila?) and you can do as many as you like. The inter-area buses are free. There were 2 or 3 every morning and evening from memory.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys. That's pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. Shame because we had a great trip to Chamonix pre-kids years ago. Courmayeur good though- it is smallish but with 9yo in tow it'll be fine and he'll enjoy the Italian hot chocolate for sure! Good skiing to all.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy