Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sizing slalom skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Having tried my first slalom turns last night at Xscape, and really enjoying it, I'm looking at getting some slalom skis (cheaper the better!)

Question is, what size!

I'm 5ft 10", 13st 3 lbs, been skiing for many years, can ski mosts things on and off piste.

Will mostly be used indoor, and occasionally in Europe if there is absolutely no off piste to be found!

I'm thinking 155 or 160, what does the panel think?

Cheer,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, if you were FIS racing you'd be on 165s. If you're buying "sports" or detuned maybe 160? My girlfriend has 150cm WC Volkls and I think they're maybe a tad short for me. I'm 5'6" and 10st. Don't buy till you try!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
165 or it's cheating wink

You'd just be to good on shorter Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was on 160 hire skis last night, they seemed fine to me, so hence was thinking 160 was about right....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm 5'8" and 10st 5lbs and I get on well with 171 SL11s - very versatile skis and surprisingly good in powder.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FIS 165 any brand, however Atomic and Dynastar are favoured at the momment, the rest are SLALOM INSPIRED! Twisted Evil
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gregh, go 160! 155 would be fine for you on plastic, but then you gotta take yer bruises! (ouch rolling eyes )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ANythiungh less than 200cm is gay, but I'm drunk. (k)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parlor, is that length.....or width?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cm is length. mm is width. what planet are you on? Puzzled I'm on a roll here/..

you'd have a point but my fatest ski is only 130 so clealy can't be girth. sak my wife.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing Little Angel

(500 coming up real soon now)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mm? yeah buddy. bring it on.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry - marginally lkess drunk than you are!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gregh, I would have thought 160 for a real race ski and 165 for a slalom but not race ski. However, if you're only just starting slalom a de-tuned slaom ski would be better for you than the real thing which might be a bit too stiff at present. A real race ski is very unforgiving! Shocked

SMALLZOOKEEPER, ahem! Fischer WC - not a slalom ski - I think Mr Shoenfelder and half the other WC skiers would take issue with your statement!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gone for a 160cm Fischer RC4 Race SC from ski-bilek on ebay, should work out £220 delivered inc fees etc, gotta be better than XScape hire skis Very Happy

Won last night, filled in details this am and they say they have been dispatched today !!!

cheers to all and hope the drunken ones aren't feeling too bad this morning Wink
latest report
Very nice ski. What sole length are your boots? Twisted Evil
latest report
305mm marc.......
snow report
easiski wrote:
gregh, I would have thought 160 for a real race ski and 165 for a slalom but not race ski. However, if you're only just starting slalom a de-tuned slaom ski would be better for you than the real thing which might be a bit too stiff at present. A real race ski is very unforgiving! Shocked

SMALLZOOKEEPER, ahem! Fischer WC - not a slalom ski - I think Mr Shoenfelder and half the other WC skiers would take issue with your statement!

Sorry, i meant the rest of the lengths were slalom inspired. Howver that is the subject of this thread-ahem! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
easiski wrote:

SMALLZOOKEEPER, ahem![b] Fischer WC - not a slalom ski - I think Mr Shoenfelder and half the other WC skiers would take issue with your statement![/b]

Sorry, i meant the rest of the lengths were slalom inspired. Howver that is the subject of this thread-ahem! Twisted Evil

You are aware thar its not the skiers choice to ski on Fischer Skis, i mean they don't go knocking on the factory door and say
" Can i ski for you?"
It's the factories that go knocking and it's the cheques that do the talking. Product quality is non too different, the WC is about people, technicians, skiers money and pshycology. But i bet you want to buy Fischer now, eh?
Dine on the Marketting my friend, in turn someone will dine on you hard earned cash!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy