Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gloves for £30 top £50

Poster: A snowHead
Yet another glove thread, I know but things change and products improve.

My wife has just decided my gloves would be ideal for her so I need new gloves.

Any recommendations? Decent waterproof qualities and must have breathability (sweaty hands). Anyone bought any good ones recently.

Budget £30 to £50 could may be persuaded to spend a tad more.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hestra, but near £100 very nice gloves, and hard to lose.

Kinco gloves ( on Snow shepherd) about £30, just need some beating before use, and they might be to warm.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blahblahblah, Why hard to lose?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike-H, I've bought some excellent gloves, Goretex, in T K Maxx from time to time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Hestra. The high price is good value for money. Ski gloves take a bit of a battering, and cheap ones tend to fall apart too easily. The cheapest gloves I bought turned out to be much worse value for money than Hestras because they fell apart after only a short time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike-H,

Some have built in straps to keep them on your wrists.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike-H, Hestra Ski Cross here. Best gloves of all time, being pretty much all leather they are hardwearing and comfortable. In sales they are under £50 but worth a browse around the web to find clearance deals if you can. They are hard to lose because they clip on too, more sensible design ideas.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
musher wrote:
Mike-H,

Some have built in straps to keep them on your wrists.

This.

You are attached even when not in use.

As Pam says , you can get gloves in Tk max, but I have yet to get a pair that kept my hands warm and dry or the liners not staying in etc.
This has taken the edge off more than one holiday, and given the cost of a ski holiday £100 for comfortable warm gloves seems good value.
They also keep powder out of your cuffs.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Two Seasons have 40% off a wide range of Dakine gloves. Probably online only. I've never had any Dakine gloves but it's a good brand.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zanier and Reusch in sportsdirect. For Zanier, you have to use search, for some reason they are not categorized as "ski gloves".
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike-H, what size are you, got a pair of Hestra Army Goretex XCR's I bought from a pal and never wore them, used but vgc £40 plus p&p, £100 new, size 9 black/ cream. PM me if you want a photo of them.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmmm, I've been happily using the decathlon <£15 ones for years without issues, but then I suspect I must be easy to please/keep warm as I know other people do find a benefit from going much further up the price spectrum. I prefer them to be cheap as I lose stuff a lot (off slope not on) and like to be able to change them when I get bored of the colour! aj xx
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29 wrote:
Mike-H, what size are you, got a pair of Hestra Army Goretex XCR's I bought from a pal and never wore them, used but vgc £40 plus p&p, £100 new, size 9 black/ cream. PM me if you want a photo of them.

Mike unless you have massive hands this is a great deal.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What about these?
Hestra Primaloft £47
http://www.snowandrock.com/1/1/16708-hestra-primaloft-gore-tex-glove-black.html
or
Hestra Heli Ski
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-HESTRA-ARMY-LEATHER-HELI-SKI-/200652925800?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item2eb7d8ab68

Quite a few pennies but I take the point made my blahblahblah,
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Markymark29, I am a large not sure what size 9 is?
ski holidays
Found it

Mens Glove Sizes

Small................7
Medium.............8
Medium/Large.....9
Large...............10
X Large............11

I think I would be size 10 as some L can be snug.
latest report
The Heli skis are the ones I have, and Hestra sizing is "precise" not generous.
snow report
Mike-H,

I've got big hands, but not huge (some farmer friends make mine look puny) and I'm an 11. Check out the guide here - the exact guide in inches section. It looks to be accurate by my gloves:

http://www.evo.com/hestra-gloves-sizing-chart.aspx
snow report
Hestra gloves come out a bit big in my experience, I'm usually a 9 or 10 in gloves but have had 3 pairs of Hestras and all have been an 8.
snow conditions
Mountain Equipment randonee glove. Fibre pile lining so dries very quickly, goat skin palm, I hardly wear my Hestras since I bought these.
ski holidays
www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/the_gear/.../randonee_glove---303/ £55 but you can find them cheaper.
snow conditions
+1 for Hestra, I have mittens hubby has gloves they were around £60ish? Brilliant, warm, dry, hard wearing never smelly (my last mittens stunk!)
Breathable had them 3 years now never washed them either!!
latest report
Mike-H, I reckon 9 would do you fine, they come our large as davkt, says. Ill throw on the postage, £40 delivered bargain! wink
snow report
In related query, anyone got a clue where I can get the Kaj & Svere three finger jobbies in size 10? http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/495480/products/hestra_kaj_and_sverre_3_finger_glove_martians.aspx seem to be out of stock, and these look ideal for seriously cold conditions.
snow conditions
TK Maxx had loads of decent gloves last time I was in there, look out for the Level ones, absolute bargains
snow report
I have Dakine gloves. Far better quality than north face.
snow conditions
Spyderman wrote:
TK Maxx had loads of decent gloves last time I was in there, look out for the Level ones, absolute bargains

+ 1 Very Happy loads of Level ones, really good and now they are all pretty much red stickered too so average price around £20. I also got a pair of Black diamond gloves in there £30. blahblahblah NehNeh NehNeh wink
latest report
sarah, NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh Yourself.

Well done on your gloves.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blahblahblah wrote:
sarah, NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh Yourself.

Well done on your gloves.

Just saying you can't diss TK Maxx like this
Quote:
As Pam says , you can get gloves in Tk max, but I have yet to get a pair that kept my hands warm and dry or the liners not staying in etc.
This has taken the edge off more than one holiday, and given the cost of a ski holiday £100 for comfortable warm gloves seems good value.
They also keep powder out of your cuffs.

when the place actually stocks decent £100 gloves for a fraction of that! It's not all Trespass you know Laughing
latest report
http://www.twobarefeet.co.uk/snow/snow-accessories/snow-gloves-and-ski-gloves/oneill-avalanche-snow-ski-gloves-accessories-navy-night.html

I bought these gloves, probably the best pair I've worn, hands were not cold the whole week in the 3v even when others were complaining about their hands being cold in far more expensive gloves.

I did wear a pair of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jasmine-Gloves-Thermal-Liner-Medium/dp/B001RCKSB6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1392159034&sr=8-3&keywords=ski+inner+glove&tag=amz07b-21 as well on some days so I could take the gloves off and use my phone etc without getting cold.
snow report
sarah, do you have very small or very big hands? Maybe I was unlucky 3 times in a row.
snow report
blahblahblah, I have had luck a couple of times in there with Level and Zanier gloves but there is an element of luck I totally accept, also some stores are better than others. I also got a Mammut jacket from them last weekend.
snow report
My local TKMAXX has poor stock now on all ski gear. I have seen loads on some occasions but I guess most stuff is now cleared.
snow report
my last pair from TK Maxx were Reusch Goretex - very warm mittens, and I wear silk inners when necessary, though this season hasn't been cold enough so far to need inner gloves. Sadly I lost one at some point last week. I also have a very old and battered pair of Millet mittens, from T K Maxx absolutely years ago, which still do the job.
snow report
pam w wrote:
my last pair from TK Maxx were Reusch Goretex - very warm mittens.

Good find.

I agree a bit of luck is needed, and you can get something good. I got a Scott Ski jacket I am very happy with.

I still think gloves are worth investing in.
ski holidays
ME Randonee +1
latest report
blahblahblah, definitely agree, you do need luck! I think my hands are average to large ladies size about a 6.5 or 7, long fingers though. I've had the black diamond ones, some Rossi ones in the past and some other fab reusch ones. Also got a very nice mammut jacket this season too. What I find is that if you see something you like in tkmax but not in your size then it's often worth making a tour of the other nearby branches as they all tend to get the same one or two decent items but in different sizes.
snow conditions
I know Hestra gloves come with straps but what's wrong with Old Skool elastic through the arms. It works for my daughters gloves Smile
snow conditions
+1 for TacKy Maxx - one pair goretex Level unders for €35 and a pair of Lobsterclaw overs for €25. They also had some goretex dakine 'low profile' pipe type gloves, leather and goretex for €35, but the last pair of Dakines i had (Novas?) were certainly not 'the best', stitching came loose after a few days and they leaked. Anyone else had problems with them? I really like their surf gear and was quite surprised by the gloves.
snow conditions
enfilade, they look like a bargain - Only £25 in the sale.
http://www.twobarefeet.co.uk/snow/snow-accessories/snow-gloves-and-ski-gloves/oneill-avalanche-snow-ski-gloves-accessories-navy-night.html
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy