Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Les Arc 2000 to Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

A group of friends and I are going to Les Arc 2000, we have another group of friends staying over in Plagne, I'm just wondering how long it will take us to board down from 2000 to the Vanoise Express Lift in the morning? (we are all competent/intermediate skiers/boarders)

any help would be great.

Thanks

Jay Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can get to the Vanoise Express from the top of Bois de l'ours lift, so about 20 mins from Arcs 2000. Then maybe 10 mins to get across to La Plagne depending on how long you have to wait for the VE to leave. It takes a bit longer to get around on the La Plagne side, and you have to catch several lifts to get to the main La plagne area. But you could probably do the entire trip from 2000 in an hour if you were quick.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Less than an hour if reasonably competent.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It depends on the the queues and where you want to goto in La Plagne, but on a sensible day an hour to an hour and a half should get you to BellePlagne if there are none and you don't get lost.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WHERE in la plagne? The vanoise is easy from anywhere in Les Arcs (20mins if you get it right from 2000) but the otherside is SLOOOOOWWWW.

(Bois D'Ours/Comborciere - then just keep left on blues all the way to the vanoise OR longer but more fun take arcabulle)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 10-02-14 19:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
a.j., How does Comborciere get you to the Vanoise express? If you take the Cascade piste down to the comborciere lift and then up that then you will still need either: Arpette, Vagere, Transarc, Grizzley or Vallandry lift. Take either the Ours or arcabulle. But try not to get distracted on the way across. There are some very nice pistes on the way.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought I'd done it from there - belvedere all the way? Takes you across the bottom of arpette but just hold speed and keep going! Was a year ago though, maybe my memory is faulty.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
a.j., It gets you to Vallandry OK, but you are not quite high enough to get to the Vanoise express. That is why you need another lift. I usualy check what the queue at the Arpette is like before moving on to the Grizzly or Vallandry.

I am not sure I would recommend belvedere to any boarders either. Or to anyone for that matter. IMHO it is the worst piste in Les Arcs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oldelblerto, From 2000, go to the top of Arcabulle & turn right. Go down the path at the top to Renard, then Perdrix then L'Ours & you're at the VE. The other run from Bois de l'Ours takes you into Vallandry, unless you take another lift up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some chat about high speed routes using the VE here wink
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41171&highlight
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
genepi,
Quote:

The other run from Bois de l'Ours takes you into Vallandry, unless you take another lift up

No it does not. You go across to the top of the Vagere, then the mid station of the transarc and the bottom of the derby. Follow the signs for La Plagne.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
True, I somehow missed the 'board' aspect of the original post Smile Must be Bois dl'ours I'm thinking of, I just remember flying along doing 'stay high, stay left' all the way. Fun in it's own sort of way, if not exactly challenging.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy