Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Report from St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned from an excellent week in St Anton, weather was generally good and snow generally decent. They could obviously do with more, the red diamond slopes were all tracked out and hard packed and worn in places, however the pistes are all open with decent snow. I would imagine off piste would be pretty ropy at the moment. As it was the first time skiing for me in 7 years that didnt bother me. Its agreat ski area with good variety, i was nervous the terrain would be too difficult for me from previous reports and as I am a poor intermmediate skier, however i found I could get down everything fine, even some of the black runs, while the slopes are steep in places and probably not ideal for novices or skiers nervious of steeper slopes, anyone who can do decent linked parellel turns shouldn't have a problem, I actually enjotyed the challenge.

Really enjoyed the Rendl and Stuben areas, quieter and some nice slopes. The run from the top down to Stuben is great, as is the run to St Christoph, again, following reports i wasnt looking forward to the run home on 4a an 1, however, while they are busy I didnt find the carnage I expected. Had a day in Lech and Zurs which were also well worth a trip, lots of lovely less challenging terrain, the red 10 in Zurs is an especially good run.

The carnage I did find were in the Mooservert and the KK, both fantastic for Apres, if you like your apres then this is the place to go, will never forget the experience od skiing down from there in the dark whilst hammered! The resort is pretty compact and has plenty of bars and entertainment in the centre, we found the Piccadilly an excellent place for a lively night out, live music every night and the best Bar man in town (the South African guy), The Kandahar is more of a hard core club and is open later than the Piccadilly.
We didnt eat out in town because we had a catered chalet, however on the one night we did eat in town we went to the excellent Restaurant Maximillian, great food, the Grostl was amazing. Will have to book in advance though.

We stayed in the Chalet Hotel Rosanna with Mark Warner, excellent location, crawling distance to the bars, close to cable car stations and chairlift. Good food, friendly staff, pretty lively at meal times after people have been on Apres, generally well run and very convenient for slopes and bars.

All in all an excellent week, had a decent dump on Friday evening and also overnight on Saturday / Sunday with more expected this week, so snow should be good for a while.
If you want a good variety of challenging slopes and like to party then St Anton is a great place to go.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Amen to that, I'll be there in a fortnight.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Anton delivers what it says on the can!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I look at St Anton every year and always end up somewhere else, realy need to get my trumper in gear and book it !! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've booked there for next season, tried to go last season but got moved by our TO.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You have not skied anywhere until you skied in der Arlberg!

Until folk come here they never realise......
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the report.

St Anton is on my short list to combine with the bash at Arabba next time I make it to Europe in Winter (hopefully 2015). Only problem is I had such a great time in France that a French resort will probably win out in the end.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Raven, while you might not want to agree with everything stanton, says I would believe him when he says
Quote:

St Anton knocks any French resort into a cocked hat for everything IMHO (except, perhaps, the potential to find a girlfriend Skullie )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2 weeks and counting......15 sleeps! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
You have not skied anywhere until you skied in der Arlberg!

You've given me plenty to think about there Stanton. I need to chose between the weeks starting 24 Jan and 7 Feb (leave from work permitting) Will January be much cheaper / less crowded than the Feb week? Also need suggestions for somewhere to stay as a single.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

St Anton knocks any French resort into a cocked hat for everything IMHO (except, perhaps, the potential to find a girlfriend

I don't that is likely to bother Raven wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy