Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Instructors, The Truth behind the glamour image.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski Instructors, The Truth!
Image from Oxygene ski La Plagne Twitter feed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brilliant, In the first picture are the ski instructors the male or female?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, Love it! Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is very funny.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Teaching last week

Training the week before

It's a hard life wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, haha! I kept worrying that one of my classmates, or Scott, would have to dig me out like that. I managed to avoid it, though (if not the ignominy of the pratfall in front of Ian's class. Embarassed )
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For at least those of us in the US: what's the difference between a large pepperoni pizza and a ski instructor?

A large pepperoni pizza can feed a family of four!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I finally got paid to go heliskiing the other week, so that part of the photo is at least true!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jimmer wrote:
I finally got paid to go heliskiing the other week, so that part of the photo is at least true!
:Like:
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice one jimmer, Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
True except the kids aren't fighting, crying, eating snow or running away.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thirty06, that's because it's a photo of an ESF lesson. The ones who were crying, fighting, eating snow or running away have been ejected or put on the naughty step.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's funny to read this as being a ski instructor never seemed glamorous to me, it seemed like really hard work for not very good pay and if you get injured, you're screwed or do instructors have insurance that covers injuries etc?

Another thing that always struck me as funny is when a person says "My instructor recommended (insert ski name here) so I am going to buy them" I have yet to hear anyone say that they are buying a car because a driving instructor recommended it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dobby wrote:
thirty06, that's because it's a photo of an ESF lesson. The ones who were not able to hack the pace or did not understand Francais have been abandoned where they fell.

FIFY
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob, harsh but fair
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy