Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

canadian currency

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lucky me am off to Canada this coming weekend.Normally I buy my Euro's from the post office and was going to do the same for Canadian dollars however my friend tells me its best to exchange when I get there? Does anybody have any thoughts on this or where I may get a better rate in the UK?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Convenience is more important to me.

Go to cash machine, get money out. Messing around in a post office to save what I imagine is less than the cost of a pint doesn't seem worth the hassle and time.

Of course, I could have got it wrong and am wasting hundreds of holiday!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is what I normally do, but for Canada some ATMs wouldn't accept my cards (was quite a few years back though). Not exactly a major issue in Halifax, but may be an issue somewhere slightly more remote.

Now got a stupid V-Pay card, so that's only usable in EU.

Now need some CHF to replenish my supplies, and have to resort to legacy methods of currency exchange Evil or Very Mad

So worth having a few CAD handy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cash tills will accept all UK international cards - most bear the Visa/MasterCard/Maestro logo. If you have only the Switch logo, then it might not work.

Check your card isn't an expensive one - I went once with someone that had a Halifa card, it cost £1.50 for every transaction. Other than that, getting cash out of the machine is generally the easiest and cheapest way. That said, I usually only get a few hundred because I pay for most stuff by card. Unlike the US, they have a chip and pin type system (well, swipe and pin) called "Interac" - paying is just as easy as at home.

To be honest, I've never seen the logic in getting a whole wedge of "holiday money" and carting it around; it's just an unnecessary risk. At home I normally only carry £20-£50, so would do the same with Euro or CAD. Paying by card is normally cheaper than taking out cash anyway.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Canada accepts UK Credit cards everywhere. when you use a credit card to pay for goods or services you will benefit from a better exchange rate than you get for cash in the UK. ATMs are all over the place so getting extra cash is a doddle. probably best to get some cash in the UK and do the crest on a credit card.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=108261#2473432
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy