Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leogang or Maria Alm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We like to ski blues and so far have done all our skiing in Lofer and Waidring. next time going to spread our wings a little further and at the moment it is a toss up between Leogang or Maria Alm. Just looking for a few opinions. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2waterford, Both are good options to be honest. Maria Alm has some super long blues, especially Blue 10 which goes from top to bottom. The reds are OK as well with some relatively easy ones you can move up on to when you found your feet again. Leogang is fun but the runs down from the middle station may be a bit much to begin with. The links cross into the Saalbach-Hinterglemm system are easy enough and that opens up a superb range of skiing but you have to keep an eye the time to make the links back to Leogang. I often use Leogang as my entry point to the S-H area, but to be honest, I love Maria Alm and the backdrop of the Hochkönig mountain range is just stunning. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you Sue, it is only for one day. Might give Maria Alm a twirl, do you know the rubbers of the easy reds.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2waterford, I'll need to check my piste map but the "local" expert is CraigJ, who has a place in Hintermoos. Why not drop him a PM. He showed me around a couple of weeks ago, we had a really good day of it actually. Loved the Hochmaisalm so much I went back again last week Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you Sue, will do.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're happiest on blues, then I think Maria Alm (on the Aberg) would be the better choice. As well as 10, piste 11 is a pleasant shorter blue which is good for warming up. If you want to ski down to Hintermoos, red 10a is probably easier than 19. Red 30, the run down alongside the Sinalcobahn gondola, is mostly quite easy though the last section is a bit steeper and sometimes mogully.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you Espri. Looks like lots of snow in Lofer at the moment. Hang onto it for another 3 weeks until we arrive. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you have a car, the blue at the other end of the valley into Mulbach is really long and great fun. There's also a couple (from memory, don't have a map to hand) of other blues 'up top' at that end and a snow park which is usually empty and has lovely snow and gradient for some confidence building. If there's plenty of snow, the 3 and 13 reds will all be lovely, very wide and fairly straight. But if it's icy, choose carefully. We had an absolute ball in the Hochkonig, loved it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy