Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big fall in board slope style

Poster: A snowHead
One girl had a BIG fall, banged her head and was knocked unconscious...

...the medics were reasonably quick to her but they let her board off, surely they should have stayed with her and taken her straight to the medical centre. If that had happened in F1 she would have been straight to the medical centre. rugby too. And although i dont watch it i think i boxing you get proper monitoring too after a KO.

The fall split her helmet.

Hope she's getting proper medical attention now.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That was exactly what I was thinking, can't believe that after sustaining a bang so hard it split her helmet that she wasn't taken straight off for medical assessment Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The split in her helmet was scary!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/LXLGkagoeI0
anyone one still think helmets are not worth it?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought the same, head injuries can take 24-48 hours to show their true colours if not already apparant so I wonder if she felt "fine" (I thought she looked a bit wobbly tbph). I think it would have been more positive to emphasise on camera the need to get her checked out, even though I'm sure they probably whisked her away afterwards no doubt.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Watched that today and when the slow motion was played it was really scary. Wishing that girl all the best.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
She or her team are posting on her Facebook page that she is a little battered and bruised but has had an MRI scan and all is ok inside her head.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davkt,
Quote:

all is ok inside her head.

But she's a snowboarder Laughing

Glad to hear she is OK though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I heard about this but only just saw the footage. Different day, helmet or not, she's wheelchair bound at best. Blimey.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr Pieholeo wrote:
I heard about this but only just saw the footage. Different day, helmet or not, she's wheelchair bound at best. Blimey.

And that footage cuts out the very long seconds where she lay motionless after coming to a halt!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
robapplegate, Oi! I'm a snowboarded as well every now and again!
Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The ragdolling is chilling. I've had some falls that, at the time, seemed massive. Different order of magnitude. It's a good job these athletes are so supple and have been taught how to fall. Argh!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The fall didn't just split the helmet it broke in two a good reason to wear a helmet !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davkt, So am I, that's why I'm qualified to say it Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
smagsmith wrote:

Yeah but only worth it for those doing inverted tricks in the park. Not needed for normal cruising around on the piste.

Same as all F1 drivers are wearing helmets (and safety harnest) but ordinary driving around town not. (though some think we ALL ought to be wearing helmets and harnest driving around anyway given all the bad drivers around, but I digressed...)

You did ask. Wink

Toofy Grin
snow report
You wear a seat belt in a car and most people wear helmets on bikes and I know I ski faster than I cycle.
snow report
abc, I was going to post that, but not nearly so eloquently Laughing
ski holidays
abc wrote:
smagsmith wrote:

Yeah but only worth it for those doing inverted tricks in the park. Not needed for normal cruising around on the piste.

Same as all F1 drivers are wearing helmets (and safety harnest) but ordinary driving around town not. (though some think we ALL ought to be wearing helmets and harnest driving around anyway given all the bad drivers around, but I digressed...)

You did ask. Wink

Toofy Grin

Having broken a helmet on the piste, I'd beg to differ.
latest report
anarchicsaltire wrote:
abc wrote:
smagsmith wrote:

You did ask. Wink

Toofy Grin

Having broken a helmet on the piste, I'd beg to differ.

so you wear a 5 point harness and wear an F1 certified helmet when you drive to the shops?
latest report
No, but I wear a helmet and leather on or off the track Madeye-Smiley
snow report
abc, So if you catch an edge on an icy piste your head will just bounce off no harm done?
snow report
robapplegate wrote:
davkt, So am I, that's why I'm qualified to say it Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
I really think we should just put the helmet issue to bed.

I'm right, and any that disagree with me are wrong.

There, that's simple enough isn't it Very Happy
snow conditions
davkt wrote:
abc, So if you catch an edge on an icy piste your head will just bounce off no harm done?

Yep! That's orrect ("no harm done"). Tried it many times ("catch edge").

My head never touched the ground. My shoulder did.
snow report
mozwold wrote:
I really think we should just put the helmet issue to bed.

Totally agree!

Shall we ask admin to make the word "helmet" disappear? (you know, when you type a certain word starting with f..., it got changed into something else by the forum software automatically). So every time some one types "helmet", it's replaceed by a white space.

A bit interesting if someone actually wishes to ask what's the best " " to buy that has a certain function... Cool
snow conditions
abc, Long may your good luck hold!
latest report
All credit to Jenny Jones who was obviously concerned about Sarka once she arrived down in the finish area. Great to see the cameraderie between the competitors. So refreshing.
And, of course, big big credit for the medal - YAY!!!!
CW
snow conditions
davkt wrote:
abc, Long may your good luck hold!

I've only skied 20+ years, still at least 20 more to go (assuming my knee ligaments don't shorten it that is...)

And luck is on my side. Statistically, my head is much more likely hit the ground walking the icy side walk in our 4 months out of a year winter season, than falling while skiing only 20 days a year. If I "need" a helmet, I need it a lot more walking down to the pub!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I need it a lot more walking down to the pub!

Or even more walking back from it? Laughing
snow report
I only read this site every so often but the boring debate about helmets totally puts me off ever reading any post in here again & if you want a helmet debate can they do it in a total separate section? This posting is about a scary fall, the big tricks that they do in slope style & the fact that a helmet got cracked, yikes!

........off I go to delete account........
snow conditions
Agreed the rag-dolling was awful to watch Crying or Very sad Nature of the game though, when you are going big like that then big accidents happen.
latest report
mildy, actually its about the medical care she received...
snow conditions
casques casques casques casques casques casques ha ha ha just thought I get tha one in he he
snow conditions
robapplegate wrote:
Quote:

I need it a lot more walking down to the pub!

Or even more walking back from it? Laughing

You're quite right! Very Happy
ski holidays
mildy wrote:

........off I go to delete account........

Don't go, mildyo
ski holidays
Thornyhill, hahaha.
latest report
abc, Laughing
ski holidays
Another big one in the women ski slope style just 10 mins ago. One of the riders landed short, on the flat bit after the jump and completely crumpled into the ground... Again, very scary... Shocked
snow conditions
Apparently she has a broken jaw after that crash Sad

It looked really horrible as it happened.
snow report
http://imgur.com/JcwUkLd
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy