Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiint The Streif

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Visiting the skiwelt soon and we're thinking about visiting Kitzbuhel. My question is are mere mortals allowed to ski The Streif or is it only for skiing jedi warriors?
If its open to all just how good do you have to be??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a piste, ski it!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty ordinary red gradient piste.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rickster, the crucial difference being it won't be water injected and you won't be hitting it at race speed...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I skied it last week just after the downhill race. Its not that steep but in its race prepared state it was devilishly slippery with lots of quite good skiers skittering around me on the glass like finish left after the big race. By now it will be just another piste, if you are a reasonable intermediate skier I don't think it'll give you much of a problem. Feel free to look up the course time record though and marvel at how quick that time is.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies folks, streif here we come wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most of it is a red piste but certain bits of the actual race course (mausefalle, steilhang, etc.) are designated as extreme 'ski routes'. You can do the whole thing if the snow cover is sufficient but I think the hausberg part has no snow cover at present.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Actually, when I was in Kitzbühel (town) yesterday, the cover on the Hausberg traverse looked fine (from afar) although it was adjudged insufficient for the race.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The actual race route is (laughably) graded as an 'extreme ski route,' however when it's not race-prepped it's pretty straightforward. Nice big moguls last time I skied it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I skied it in my 3rd week on skis. Bit steep at the top, but generally skiable rather than survivable.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Apart from the big moguls clarky999 mentioned and a few other un-groomed sections most of it is a standard red. I suspect they allow the huge moguls to build up to slow down the inevitable boy racers who would be a danger to themselves and others on the steeper bits.

However, you and I have the luxury of turning where we want and not going around gates... Try straight lining the first pitch from the start hut and then see if you think it's so straightforward wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy