Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decathlon head goggles with 5 lenses bargain

Poster: A snowHead
Can't see it on their website but just got a pair of head horizon goggles and in store you get the lens kit with 4 lenses for a quid. 60 quid for both, bargain.

They had a fair bit of other stuff, but didn't see any spectacular deals other than these. Their samurai skis looked like decent allrounders at 129, but no bindings.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shame I was after some knee goggles
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oooh might have to take a look in decathlon on my way back from the Piste Office tomorrow!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, either a spectacular fail or so subtle it sailed over? Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davkt, you need two big black cases - one has goggles, the other is the £1 lens pack. Only had one of each in reading, but they are on clearance so I guess stock may be limited. If they have more than one set let me know, have a mate who wants the same.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davkt, you need two big black cases - one has goggles, the other is the £1 lens pack. Only had one of each in reading, but they are on clearance so I guess stock may be limited. If they have more than one set let me know, have a mate who wants the same.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've never had interchangeable lenses (except on shades). Do the goggles not loosen up a bit with repeated lens changes and start to let in moisture?

(I suppose the answer is no, otherwise no-one would ever buy them?)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My son in law faffs around enough with just two inter-changeable lenses. We would never get him out if he had 4 sets to choose from! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Could do with these for our junior racer. Some of the races over new year were unexpectedly switched from daytime to evening under (patchy) floodlights and clear lenses weren't to be found. Ended up buying new pale yellow ones as the best we could get at short notice in resort.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Okanagan, definitely sounds suitable if you can find them - the lens pack (though there was some confusion) includes a mirror blue, yellow, orange and clear lens, as well as the grey lens on them as standard. For me it seems ideal to avoid taking 2-3 pairs of goggles on holiday, and also being able to replace a damaged lens, I hadn't thought about night skiing for a clear lens, I couldn't imagine a need for it yesterday.

Anyone got a clue why these are Head Race Goggles? Can't see much difference between them and any other goggle I've seen.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Picked some up from Giltbrook Decathlon today, quite a few pairs in stock and they seem great. Goggles reduced from £99.99 to £59.99 and lens set from £84.99 to £1 as part of a multibuy. Mistress Panda, see what you mean about the confusion, identical hard cases for lenses and goggles most of them had lost the cardboard sleeve saying what was inside and most of the ones with a sleeve on had the wrong one. Samurai skis, was that the short fat Mad Samurai? Looks a hoot!
As to why they are race goggles, well the Head website says they have improved vertical vision so you can get into a tighter racing tuck and still see where you are going!

The goggles are on the website at that price but the lens kit is £39.99 http://www.decathlon.co.uk/F-50645-ski-goggles/K-551-brand~head
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Coventry have one more pair of the goggles (the display model) - and about 6 sets of the lenses - left, but there's nothing in the shop to indicate the offer. Had to ask, but it came up ok on the till. But we've got *6* lenses not 5. "Quartz brown" mirrored fitted as standard plus clear, yellow, orange, persimmon and "fire brown" (aka mirror blue).

Surprised to see the Rossignol WC GS skis in the Coventry branch.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yep counting I got six lenses as well, goggles came with one fitted and another (don't know which as I've stuck all the spare lenses in one case now) and 4 in the lens set. Mistress Panda, sounds like you are missing persimmon which probably should have been with the goggles so maybe time to nip back to the shop.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I reckon you've got persimmon (sort of light orange) which came in the pack of 4 extras, but are missing the "bright orange" which should have been as a spare in the box with the goggles.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Okanagan is probably right looking at the order my spare lenses are in the box.
snow conditions
Mistress Panda, Thanks, bought the goggles and lenses today - bargain!
latest report
Sheffield has quite a few pairs left
snow conditions
Quite a few pairs of goggles and lens sets on the shelf and still on offer in the Nottingham branch today.
latest report
davkt, Okanagan, thought I might be a lens short - lots of confusion when I bought them at 7:55pm. The one I left behind was one of the yellow lenses which I don't have much use for, and it is an hour drive to go back and get the other. Bargain either way, but even more so with 6 lenses.
latest report
Might be a bit late now but could be worth giving the store a ring to see if they have found a set of the yellows, if your Decathlon is as helpful as mine they will probably post them to you if they have!
ski holidays
davkt, we found them - they were in the case with the lenses, so when we looked up and found that lenses should be 4 different we assumed the other yellow had come from somewhere else. Should have been in with the goggles obviously. I might try calling them, see whether they decide to help out. It was the last pair when I bought them, so entirely possible they have a lens that they don't have a use for kicking around now, which they'll never be able to sell or sort out during stock check.
ski holidays
Hi all! I just picked up a set in Bolton Decathlon. They didn't know too much about it, and I actually brought up this thread and showed the staff which stores had done the discount. They phoned the Giltbrook store and a few others and apparently is a UK offer! Was only the last full lense kit in the store, but managed to get it all for £51! Bargain! Not sure how but great goggles, and looking forward to La Plagne with my new Head gear (Titans purchased from Rivington Alpine week before last!). So excited!
snow report
jamescolbeck, well done on getting the goggle, and even cheaper than the rest of us! Mine did cost me a new helmet as well but given the beating the old had taken while I was learning to snowboard I guess it needed replacing anyway.
snow conditions
Hehe thanks davkt! One staff member did say to the other (can you not count then?) - I didn't argue!

I was worried too as I didn't take my hammer H2, but luckily they fit perfectly, better than my Anon goggles! Luckily that has lasted 3 seasons with only knocks on the chair bars coming down! Lol
ski holidays
For anyone still looking, Stockport had one set left the other day. Quite a few pairs of goggles but only one lens set and that was the display one in a sealed plastic box. There was a big poster up though advertising the 'multi buy' offer.
snow report
Well middle daughter has being eyeing up my (still unused) Smith IO goggles and telling me how perfectly they fit her Decathlon helmet and how gaper it looked with head goggles and the old Smith helmet so figured the easy way out was new helmet for me. And fortunately I know Head helmets suit me so picked up an XL Styvot Air from ebay.
snow conditions
Thanks for letting people know Sarah, there may be (May be) another set in bolton as there were a few goggles on display and a set of lenses but with 1 lense, so not sure if the others are around? Fingers crossed, but they can phone between stores very quickly? And if local (bolton to Stockport) you never know, may be able to get them sorted!

Davkt - May be eyeing up a head helmet to match in the future, or a poc? Will see which when the time comes! The inside would never be as pretty as a hammer though, comfiest thing I've ever work and quilted! So nice!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy