Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hybrid skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello there from Spain!

I'm buying my first skis and as most of you know its daunting with all the choice that's out there.

I'm looking for something challenging with versatility that will allow me to try different things and progress my skiing, specifically to get some more miles of off-piste skiing under my belt.

Taking into account my budget, product availability, style and skill level, I've narrowed it down to one of these three:

Fischer C-LINE Master

or

Fischer Hybrid 8.5 Powerrail

or

Line Prophet 90

I was just wondering if anybody had any feedback from direct experience or from what the product descriptions say. I've seen a few reviews of the Hybrid out there and the feedback looks to be really good. The C-Line is a newer product (I think) so there's not much info out there but it looks to be slightly more sophisticated. The Line 90 looks very good but availability is an issue. There's very little difference in price so in the end I'm 50/50 (or 33/33/33) which way to go so if anybody has any recommendations its much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry not skied any of those skis before, have you previously skied any Fischers or Lines, any preference? I guess I would say if you think you will still mainly be on piste and just skiing a little bit at the sides then stick with the Fischers, if you will be skiing >50% off piste and see this increasing go with the Lines
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, I'll probably stick with the Fischers. Just starting to feel my way off-piste but at the same time wanted something that would serve me once I spent more time there. But at the end of the day, I won't even get close to 50% off-piste. Thank you very much for the guidance.

Never skied Fischers or Line but that's the point really, want to try something new. The main thing that attracted me to the Fischers is the rocker/camber setting that you can adjust on the go - hence the topic "Hybrid skis?". Looks like a really neat way to experiment but then again, it may end up being an inferior compromise - trying to be all things to all men and all that...

If anyone recommends something else that's similar let us know.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bluesy76, I tried a pair of Hybrid 7s last season in Austria and liked them so when I got back home I bought a pair here. So far, they have performed just as I expected. When cambered, they ski very like my Rossignol FIS GS skis - Radical Xs - and when rockered they do seem to cut through the crud or powder quite effortlessly. I like em !

However, I would suggest that you should not buy anything you have not tried out first, either via a test day or by hiring. I spent a day at Braehead at the Snowheads test day, and I was amazed at the difference between skis that on the face of it ought to have similar performance.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy