Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A day out in St Anton?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son is working in St Anton this season we are spending a day with him soon and wondered if a day off skiing would be an idea, does anyone have any suggestions in or around St Anton we will have a car and will be driving from Zell am See so don't want to drive too far once there, we could just spend the day skiing with him but thought a different day could be good? any ideas folks snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not that much in St Anton really, you could drive to Innsbruck while he gets the train to meet you there maybe.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999, Apart from shopping whats in Innsbruck?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing Laughing

Old town's pretty cute to walk around, lots of good places for food, cool museum at the old olympic ski jump with lots of old ski/mountaineering equipment, as well as exhibits from past battles and stuff in the area. I'm told the Swarovski world is worth checking out too.

Probably as good as you'll get for off snow activities in Tirol though, unless you go to Ötztal for the big spa and/or the Ötzi Ice Man museum thingy (and/or more skiing).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd take the train to Innsbruck, and then get the Nordkette funicular up the mountain.
It's a fantastic experience - really unusual to be in a high mountain environment but overlooking a city.
The centre of Innsbruck is a lovely place to wander round too. Beautiful architecture, lots of lovely (and cheap!) bars, and some great little tea rooms.
All in all, it's a nice contrast to being in a ski resort (I spent a day there after a week at St Anton - probably my favourite bit of the holiday!).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
About an hours drive from St Anton ......

AQUA DOME - Tirol Therme Längenfeld
6444 Längenfeld
Oberlängenfeld 140
Tel. +43 (0) 5253 6400
http://www.aqua-dome.at/en
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Let's get this straight - your son is doing is a season and you're proposing making him give up a precious day off to Not ski? Hmm let's hope it's not a powder day.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, a lot of people who do seasons, at least from my experience in St Anton, do actually spend a day off somewhere other than in resort or skiing. Some of the TO's have organised a bus to Ischgl for a days skiing for their staff (nominal fee to cover cost, plus staff then have to buy lift pass), others have organised a bus to Munich, plenty of us went to Innsbruck on days off and some even went to Zurich and Salzburg. It's a change of scenery and an escape from resort. Can get a bit cabin-fevery otherwise.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sitter wrote:
....... It's a change of scenery and an escape from resort. Can get a bit cabin-fevery otherwise.

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, ha ha I know what you mean, but I'm leaving it to him to decide thinking he may want a different day? He did go to Innsbruck yesterday as they were craving a macdonalds Skullie And for a bit of shopping.
Thanks for the info everyone, will take a look at the suggestions, might be good to have a day out, otherwise I'm sure we will all be happy for another day on the slopes snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
feefee, Sorry only half serious. I wouldn't plan it too far out because of the aformentioned pow day factor but can validate cabin fever is real in a ski town for an extended period of time. I even hitchhiked to the grand metropolis of Cranbrook for a change of scene when in Fernie for an extended period.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having received a picture earlier today from my brother in law from Zell, maybe skiing on some snow would make a wee change Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB wrote:
About an hours drive from St Anton ......

AQUA DOME - Tirol Therme Längenfeld
6444 Längenfeld
Oberlängenfeld 140
Tel. +43 (0) 5253 6400
http://www.aqua-dome.at/en

This place is awesome btw.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy