Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Schizo vs Demo Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am keen to be able to move my mount position on my Volkl Bridges and other skis in the future. The obvious solution without redrilling would be to replace my current Marker Jester bindings with Schizos. However, I am a bit wary of the cable system and free floating heel. I have heard some say they are fine and others who have had issues. Another solution might be to put Jester / Griffon Demo bindings on. These would obviously require moving both heel and toe pieces and to reset forward pressure each time I made the adjustment but I don't see this as too big a deal. But again, I have heard some people say these demo bindings can develop play in the system and cause pre-release issues. Does anyone have any long term experience of the Marker Royal Family demo bindings? Or if any views on the Schizos? Preferably both? Cheers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have been using Jester Schizos on my skis for the last three seasons. No problems at all in over 50 days' skiing in all conditions including park and off-piste, jumping, moguls etc. A brilliant binding and very easy to move position in seconds. No release issues - happily released today when I messed up a jump landing switch. Mine are set at DIN 8 which suits me perfectly it seems. Recommended.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the recommendation. Would certainly be a simpler solution than the demos.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There was a guy selling new ones (but last year's version) on ebay for GBP 180, which is pretty good...have a check!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sportconrad are selling Jester schizos for 150 euro .
http://www.sport-conrad.com/page/product-detail/__/shop/prod/1865
Last week they had last years model for 99 Euro.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That looks like a good price. Thanks for your help. The only issue I can really see with the Schizo now is the added weight - nearly half a kilo for the two skis! Still I guess it is right under your feet and I don't do too many long hikes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had the Jester schizos on a a pair of skis and they are heavy, I have the plastic schizos on one of my skis now and have skied them a lot and they are fine, no problem at all durability wise
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I took a look at the Marker website. The schizo Jesters are about 470g heavier per pair than std Jesters. Jester demos are only about 80g per pair lighter than schizos. Also, Griffons (in any form) are about 100g lighter per pair than Jesters (though strangely the Griffon schizos are only 10g lighter than Jester schizos). Seems to me that there isn't going to be much of a noticeable weight difference between Griffons and Jesters or between demos and schizos. But there is an appreciable weight price to pay if I want adjustability. I think it is probably worth it as it won't affect swing weight. Maybe I need to pebax boots! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy