Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Lift pass with up to 40% off in-resort price in almost all most popular French Ski Resorts.

Poster: A snowHead
Hello SnowHeads! Madeye-Smiley

You have a great opportunity to get Ski Lift pass at very affordable prices on a variety of ski resorts in France.

As an example:

Chamonix

Les Deux Alpes

Alpe d'Huez

Les 3 Vallées (Meribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens and les Menuires)

Espace Killy (ValdIser, Tignes)

and more...

Ski Lift passes are able to receive by mail, at your home or arriving at ski resort

for more details please PM or email skipass-fr@solution4u.com

You Pay after you get and test your skipass.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 5-02-14 12:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He's back again......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drat! I was in Méribel last week. What an opportunity missed. Toofy Grin
The excitement of anticipation; the thrill of arriving in the resort to get my pass; the intense agony of the moment of realisation; the trudge to the ticket office to pay for the second time .... what a miss!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just a quick heads up though before throat jumping.
I did a check on this with Ski Data.

Here is my email string.....

Sent: 15 January 2013 12:12
To: 'info@skidata.com'
Subject: You may have been hacked!
Importance: High

I am a hotelier in Radstadt, Austria.

As I am English I use a very popular forum called www.snowheads.com to attract business (my username is ‘flangesax’)

Today there has been a very interesting thread about discounted ski tickets using old lift passes.

The writer claims you can use an old ski pass with its id code and have it re-activated at a discounted price.

I am ‘phishing’ this person at the moment and he claims to have activated an old ski pass (01-1614 7133 5345 5818 9270-1)

I can only think that he has somehow hacked the skidata database to reactivate this pass as you can only pay by paypal.

I am willingly offering you this information as I believe that there may be a HUGE security issue. Along with a massive loss of potential revenue.

I hope you look into this in detail and reply either on the forum or directly to me.

The forum can be viewed here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=96268#2201220

Kind regards,

Ben Turner

Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Jänner 2013 15:10
An: Info@skidata.com
Betreff: FW: You may have been hacked!
Wichtigkeit: Hoch

Further to my recent email (see below).
The ski pass has been activated remotely.
I tested the pass number 01-1614 7133 5345 5818 9270-1 at RADSTADT Koenigslehenbahn at about 14:15 on 15/01/2013.
I have not paid for this service as I believe it is illegal. I also did not use the lift (I just tested the card at the gate).
I am hoping that if this is an illegal (or even a legal) activity you can comment and reply to both the forum and myself as soon as possible.
If this is an honest service then I must pay the supplier (as this is only fair) but I believe that it is not and qould like confirmation from skidata as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Ben Turner

Dear Mr. Turner,

thank you very much for your interesting comments. We had a short check for this data carrier number.

Please be aware that a ski ticket can be purchased via different sales channels:
- Via manual POS in the ski resort; this was the case for this keycard in the years 2011 and 2012 several times
- Via a webshop: you can purchase a skipass over the internet, paying via credit card, paypal, or various other payment types. In this case the new skipass is activated at the card at the first entry through a reader device at a lift. Such a webshop ticket booking was done yesterday noon for this keycard, and in the afternoon you made your “ride”

For us, so far there seems nothing to be illegal.
In a further step we could check e.g. if the price for the yesterday webshop booking was really transferred or not.

All in all, our ticket systems have a bunch of technical parameters and technology that ensure a maximum of security. We are not aware of any database hacking or ticket copying in the past (which would have been an illegal action).

Nevertheless, we are very glad about people that keep us informed about any cases like this with maybe unclear actions behind.

Thank you very much !

If you should have any additional comments, or I should have understood something wrong, please reply.

Best regards,
Josef Stangassinger
———————————————————————

So... If a loop hole has been found then Ski Data aren't that bothered. The resorts might be though.... He didn't get back to me any further....
But why was the original thread deleted?
And why a new username this year?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am not the person you are talking about, If you are intrested in buying you can pay when you get to resort and test it, not before.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think it sounds like a great deal. Especially if you can try before you buy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sounds like rfid cloning to me....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
solution4skipass wrote:
I am not the person you are talking about, If you are intrested in buying you can pay when you get to resort and test it, not before.

which coincidentally is exactly the same offer that was on the table last year.... Arrrrmm oooot.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So what's the catch here? And how much would it be for, as an example, a 6 day 3 Vallees pass?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A potential scam here could be using stolen credit card details to reactivate the lift pass. Seems like a good way of converting a stolen card into 'cash' rather than having to buy goods. Danger is the lift pass would be deactivated once CC company notifies skidata of the fraudulent transaction.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if it sounds too good to be true it usually is ...
ski data dont flag it as fraudulent or illegal .
I can see the credit card fraud bit being a problem, ( if thats what it is ), but ski data seem to be happy with the pass being activated at a heavily discounted price ..... did anyone take this up last season ??
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't think skidata confirmed the price the pass had been reactivated for - I'd expect it was 'full' price, say £200, and you then paypal £120 to the guy doing it. He'll be making a £80 loss on the deal, but not if he'd got a big sack of borrowed credit card details to work through.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anyone know what the retail margin is on lift passs? If indeed there is one, or just a discount to TO who buy in large quantities?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know what the retail margin is on lift passs? If indeed there is one, or just a discount to TO who buy in large quantities?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the more you buy, the better discount you get, you can PM me and i will explain to you in details
ski holidays
Hello,

Is this still available ? I'm interested. Do you have any sky passes for Romania or only for France ?

Thank you !!
ski holidays
Hello,

Is this still available ? I'm interested. Do you have any sky passes for Romania or only for France ?

Thank you !!
latest report
@solution4skipass,

Going to three valleys - courchevel, meribel, les menuires and val thorens. Need the full pass.

birdieman
snow conditions
@birdieman, this thread is 4 years old, doubt the OP is still around..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy