Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Always had boot problems - but today that ended. HELP! I need these boots.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have always had boot problems. They always just hurt. I always just push through if I can. Sometimes it is too unbearable and I just quit. Today, at a local mountain, I rented below. I can tell they are cheap, no frill rental boots. I begged the guy to let me buy them afterwards. I had no pain all day long. I kept waiting for the pain, but none. Felt great. I need these boots. The rental shop will not sell me these used crappy boots, but I need them. Any ideas how I can get a new pair of them? Any help will be appreciated.

http://www.rossignol.com/US/US/flash-rtl-irs_RB08450_product_alpine-men-boots.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The boots were "Rossignol Flash size 29.5"
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WESKIEAST,

Very low "quality" - rental specific boots. So probably actually too (way too?) big for your feet. If you ski often enough you probaby need to go find a good boot fitter (who will fit boots to your feet, rather than fit your feet to what boots he has available) and invest in a decent well fitted pair.

Otherwise eBay.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just rent them again. Tell the shop they were stolen when you took them off at lunchtime. Pay them the money.

OR - according to your link they have a 104mm last, which is pretty wide. Try some decent boots on that come in that width. Of the retail Rossis I've had a quick look at the Alltrack 90 has a softish flex and a 102mm last so might come close to what you need.

There's every chance that these rental boots were just too big for you. That means you won't get the support where you need it so eventually they'll cause you pain, just in a different way to whatever pains you've had before. Properly fitted boot is the answer and only a decent boot fitter can select the boot to fit you and then make it fit perfectly. I've recently bought a pair of Salomon XMax boots which are fully heat moulded to my feet. But after 2 week's skiing I still had to go back to the shop to get the fit adjusted. Sometimes trial and error is the only way.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Head edge are also a 104mm fit and known for being comfy - have you tried those. Very common in most shops in the Uk (now "adapt" edge iirc)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy