Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow brings Cirencester to standstill

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Gloucestershire town of Cirencester has been gridlocked by a heavy snowstorm. There have been accidents, and cars are trapped.

This report from BBC News.
Quote:
Insp Tony Rymer of Gloucs Police said they were trying to reach stuck cars and advised people to avoid the roads.

"It will take some time to get to everybody," he said, but added he did not believe any trapped motorists were in danger.

Could anyone in Cirencester comment?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A BBC TV reporter on the 10pm news reported that it was a 5" dump.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
whoopee do. 5 whole inches.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suppose we should be thankful it wasn't 13 feet of snow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith wrote:
The Gloucestershire town of Cirencester has been gridlocked by a heavy snowstorm.

When I used to work in Cirencester up at the Castle the town was gridlocked every evening but they did put in a bypass which improved the A road. It is quite high up on the surrounding hills so I can imagine the A roads getting snowed in or problems with drifting snow. In Dorset we used to get huge drifts high up - still that was 20 or 30 years ago.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"Hundreds of cars remain stranded ...": Channel 4 News.

davidof, this castle in Cirencester: what goes on there, and what part did you play in it?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith wrote:
"Hundreds of cars remain stranded ...": Channel 4 News.

davidof, this castle in Cirencester: what goes on there, and what part did you play in it?

He worked evenings on the knight shift.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof, I was brought up in Cirencester (age 1 to 9) and lived in Corinium Gate. I dont remember snow being a big feature of the area (about 30 years ago). It was a shock when we moved to Newcastle in midwinter with snow everywhere !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I live in Cirencester. There must have been all of an inch in the town last night, pretty scary stuff. Shocked
I have seen it on the news this morning that some of the roads coming into town were hit quite bad, but haven't seen it for myself.
Apparently the schools were panicking this morning wheter or not teachers would make it in.
Local radio stations have been warning us to stock up our fridges in case we can't get to the shops as well
Lucky it wasn't any deeper as I don't know what would of happened then. National Emergency or something Laughing

I almost got the snowchains out of the loft Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can't believe how many people live in Cirencester. The place must have something going for it, apart from snow.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nope, the snow is our only highlight
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy