Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les arcs - Plan peisey - early April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I want to 2000 about 12 years ago, and loved Les Arcs -thought we'd give plan peisey a go this year for week of April 5th. Was wondering:

- how are the lifts in the morning heading up the les arcs side - how much of a bottleneck/pain is it to get up (was at la plagne last year, so not so much interest going the other way) -we're intermediates.
- how are the runs back likely to be holding up that time of year - any danger we won't be able to ski back?
- any recommendations for ski schools - any options worth considering other than ESF (kids enjoyed oxygene last year based on recommendations here, but don't really want to have to schlep anywhere to drop them off)

Any input appreciated - thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pejoli, From peisey there is only one lift out, so can be a pain of you hit it at the wrong time i.e. 9.30 when all ski schools and associated hangers on go. Hit first lift or have another coffe and it is fine!

From there the obvious route is to use Trans-Arc express to get over to Arc bowl - this can be busy.

Alternatives are to use Derby and ski down to Renard lift, which will get you over ridge. Also has benefit you can see what trans-arc midstation quue is looking like. Or you could drop down t oArc 1800 and take other lifts to get over.

Personalyl think you can enjoy yourself in the trees and runs above Peisey without bothering to go over to Arc 2000!

Runs will be slushy late on, but in the years we've skied there at April will be fine.

new Generation run classes which we have used, but worth saying had no problem with ESF eiother
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brilliant - thanks for the info. I see New Generation are based in Vallandry - can you get there directly from Peisey (or do you need to up and down) or is it a hike/bus?

Also, what we found worked well last year was to send the kids off to ski school in the morning, and then grab a couple of private lessons for us - but both ESF and New Gen web sites say they only do private lessons in the afternoon. Do you know if any other operators/independents would do mornings (Obvious other solution is to send kids to school in the avo, but they may be knackered by then, as will the snow)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vallandry is an easy walk (normal shoes, if that's what you mean) or get the Peisey chair up and come straight back down, veering slightly to Vallandry. I emailed ESF in Arc 1600 and was able to have a private lesson starting 9:30, which was my choice of time. This was on 28th Dec, not exactly quiet time. I remember the website being very categorical about things, so I was quite pleased. Get in contact direct, can't hurt.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easy walk in shoes, wouldn't want to do in boots carrying stuff. There is a bus around as well.

ESF are flexible, they did private lessons for us between 12.30 and 2.30 when not doing normal lessons!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the info ! The chalet is booked (ski beat again - did a great job last year) , and will sort out the lessons in due course - sounds like ESF peisey is the way to go there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Like Boris said, there are a few options to get over to the 2000bowl, would definetly take the renard route as its such a peaceful lift, and the view you get from it is excellent, the transarc although its fast becomes busy and at the top of Arcabulle at the top transarc station it is always busy...your call, im out there the same time as you! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So continuining my questions on all things Peisey (I thought I'd keep it in the same thread for simplicity)

- Ski hire : A quick bit of research on-line turns up skimium (via Vanoise Sports) as a very cheap deal compared to any others - with a decathlon card, and a googled promo code, I'd get mine and the three kids sorted for just over a hundred pounds - seems like a bargain, and way cheaper than the competitors. Anyone any experiences of the shop/on-line rental option? I'm in a chalet near the parchey lift, and looks like the shop is that side of the village too - another plus.

- On the subject of the Parchey lift - our flight lands at Lyon (!) at just past 9 am - so I figure we get to the resort after lunch. Once we've got in, sort ourselves for food, and got the ski hire/passes done, it's probably going to be 3 at best - certainly too late to justify an afternoon pass for us all. But then I read that Parchey is *free* on weekends, so I'm thinking an hour pootling around the blue runs to get rid of the cob-webs might be a perfect warm-up for the week. Anyone confirm if the lift will still be running/free in April ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pejoli, Skimium & Intersport are closest to you at The Parchey end of the village. The chalets up there look lovely & you are nice & close to La Vache too Very Happy Parchey closes at lunchtime for an hour, but if the snow is good, I see no reason why it should close or cease to be free in early April. They have snow cannons up there this year too, so you should be ok. I hope you have a lovely holiday Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pejoli, Lift is likely to be running as is only route out from the chalets, but will be very limited skiing from lift, basically drop back down to chalet again! May act as a warm up but IMO not worth the bother

Don't forget that you may not get access to chalet until 4, but generally you can get in early if its been cleaned etc
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy