Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale - advice for places nearby for bunch of advanced skiers / boarders

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doing a cheapy trip and Passo Tonale worked out a real bargain, but I know it's a fairly beginner resort. Bunch of us are basically I guess advanced. We've ski/boarded for a long time, mostly around North America and fairly much anything goes up to blacks & double blacks and a degree of off piste these days though I'm no expert off piste but do prefer it if powder is good. Big drop ins and narrow steep couloirs are still off limits for me, though I may give easier ones a go depending on conditions.

I'm thinking we'll be very bored in the resort within a day (unless there's good off piste to play on), but prepared to travel. Will have to be public transport, so where's good around there area for more fun? Off piste especially if the powder holds up. Anything up to an hour or two away by bus is fine.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As far as I know, the only public transport is a weekly bus across to Madonna di Campiglio. I think you may be pretty limited in Passo Tonale. If you do a search on here you'll find my trip report from a recent day trip to Passo Tonale.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your best bet would down to marrilleva about an hour I think,
This will give you access to Madonna folgarida and pinzolla it's a huge area,best hiring
A car with chains would be best.
We got stuck once going over the tonale pass at midnight not fun!!
Also ponti and temu are good fun,theirs a wicked steep black into temu!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went to PT a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised

One side of PT has lots of lifts grouped together and will not offer you much - the furthest lift towards Ponedilegno offers off-piste directly to the left - drop off to the left as soon as you leave the chair – there are also a couple of itinery runs from up here (south facing so needs good snow) – as seen on the piste map but its seems to be a bit of a climb – turn left from the chair and almost immediately traverse and climb the right hand slope you need height to get into the next valley (too much of a climb for us though)

The other side of the mountain has a telecabin and doesn’t look like much but is better – go to the top via the drag lift and this offers a pleasant but short run – make you keep your pace up though. There are a couple of itinery runs to the left side back to the village – they are marked on the piste map and are good

You can also ski next to the piste from the mid station back down to the bottom lift station which is OK – but don’t ski to the bottom unless you are going back up as it is a walk back to the village – ski to the mid station of the bubble lift coming back from Ponedilegno.

We spent a lot of time in Ponedilegno (very charming rustic refuge for lunch) this seemed better in poor viz and offers a lot of on-piste and some off-piste opportunities –either take the long road or the bubble if fresh snow and you are on boards

We were told that the public buses to Madonna took a long time so didn’t use– but the TO did an away day which was well worth it (mainly due to the conditions) but you will probably welcome the change

We didn’t look into the heli skiing this time but we did see it advertised – if you can get 4 then it doesn’t come much cheaper than in Italy
The main après bar seemed to be at the foot of one of the lifts on the main slopes but I can’t remember the name – it looks like a lift station

You already know it is not a resort for experts so don’t have high expectations and I look forward to hearing your thoughts
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a package so good point the TO may do away days. Seems to be some lift passes that cover a wide area of resorts though, but are these not going to be accessible without a car or someone doing a trip?

Could look into a car if we can get one locally, though not seeing options for the resort. Already got a transfer in the package from the airport so unless we ignore the transfer and drive, wouldn't be picking up one from the airport.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You really need a car to access the other areas. The lift pass covers them, but they're not exactly close together. The closest is Marrileva I think, which is about 45 minutes (but well worth it).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like we get one away day tip to Madonna but that's it. Car is looking like no go, so other places are out of bounds then, unless there's any private trips that hotels or other companies arrange in the town. I'm a Ski Club GB member however so maybe if they've got a rep there they can help out.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy