Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis - try before you buy in Courchevel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

Having rented for 7-odd years I want to buy my first pair of skis this season. Through lots of research here and on the slopes I have narrowed my choices down to a couple: I tried the Scott "The Ski" the weekend just gone which I loved. But I also want to try the Volkl Kendo before I make my purchase. I'm lucky enough to be going to Courchevel in a month so...

Does anyone know a ski hire/sale shop in Courchevel that will let me rent the Volkl Kendos for 3 days, then sell a pair to me if I decide to buy them? (Preferably taking off the rental payments I've already paid from the price!)

Thanks v much in advance

A very excited MrB
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not sure which shops stock volkl in Courchevel but suggest you try the volkl website for stockists. I am pretty sure that every shop will rent you a test pair on that basis (taking of rental payment if you buy). enjoy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just wanted to say thank you for the reply! meant to write it earlier but completely forgot. Strangely, it's proving remarkably tricky to find the Kendos... will see what I can do in resort I suppose.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Boot Lab in 1650 have a decent test fleet - we may have a test Kendo somewhere or other, but we've plenty of other options to try too - however it sounds like you've already done your research and settled on the Kendo or The Ski so I would ask in Francis Blanc Sports (also in 1650) to see what they have available. I know Whitestorm (1850) have Mantra's for rental so maybe worth an ask about the Kendo too?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
great - thanks MarkFinSoup! I spoke to the boot lab and may well try a Blizzard Bonafide at their suggestion. Will see how it goes when I get there!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MrBlondee, I don't think Volkl skis are found that often in French rental shops - I've not noticed a lot.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy