Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wheeled ski/snowboard bag - which one?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

I'm off to North America at the end of the month and need to get a wheeled bag to transport 2 sets of skis and poles and one pair of boots due to baggage allowance. The skis are 154 and 163cm. Have been looking at the Dakine Low roller and the Dakine Fall line double but if anyone has any other suggestions then let me know. The Fall line comes in 175 (actual length 188cm) so I'm worried it will be too long. The low roller I can get in 165 or 157 - does anyone have one of these who can tell me what the internal length is - will the longer skis fit in the 157 or should I be going for the 165?

Many Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to have a Dakine low roller 165 and it perfectly fitted my short piste skis which were 162s. You'd definitely need the 165 to get 163 skis in.

Rather annoyingly Dakine don't seem to do longer bags than 165, I'd much prefer that to a normal ski bag but I'm rather hamstrung getting something for my 183 skis.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dav, they definitely come in longer sizes, mine fits 195cm skis and whilst that's a few years old I'm pretty sure clarky999 just bought the Fall Line Double for his skis.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok thanks, I'll have another look. I was in snow and rock the other day and they had none any longer than 165 so I assumed that was the top length. Worth further investigation!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weight is such a key consideration.
Do skis really need mega protection (at the cost of weight)? They are sturdy things, I think a bit of padding from clothes etc is quite sufficient.

I have just (10 minutes ago) taken delivery of one of these:

C:GB:3160" target="_blank">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKI-BAG-With-Wheels-/301026294216?ssPageName=ADME:LShockC:GB:3160

£35 delivered.

Looks good to me. Sturdy wheels, fabric, zips and handles.
Just the one compartment.
Not heavy.

I really cannot see the point of the Dakine bags that weight over 5kg (which the double wheelie ones do) when the whole bag allowance is only 23kg.

FYI the Nevica one at £30 from Sports Direct was just as good, but too short for me so I returned it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a dakine roller bag and it has been amazing - lasted great through many holidays and being dragged long distances. Reckon they are worth it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've owned most soft-sided roller bags and with two or three snowboards plus gear... well mostly they didn't make it through a season. The last straw was my last top-of-the-line Burton bag, which the handlers disposed of on leg one of a two leg flight. If you've ever tried to wheel a wheely-bag without a handle, well it's not a good idea. And then I had to get it back again.

That was years ago though - I switched to a "sport Tube" snowboard bag and since then I've never had a problem. My double garage is completely lined with all the old Burton/ Dakine snowboard bags the handlers broke, but the hard-shell case just keeps on going.

So probably over the top for you, but they're also extensible so it'll work at any practical length.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all your help, looks like its the 165 for me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy