Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski apps

Poster: A snowHead
Just down loaded ski tracks app the question is do I need data roaming onto use it or do u just turn it on wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Data not required.

Just turn it on when you start your day and off at the end. Make sure your battery is charged tho cos it eats battery
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
that's what i heard also NE1 looking forward to tracking how far, high, fast etc we cover over the days, probably not dissimilar to strava, another cool free app Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I really like my free Ski Speed app. It's a good reference not only for speed, but also area/distance covered etc etc and saves a map of the day. Doesn't use too much battery and no roaming.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
map to snow is the best one i have tried. never let me down in january when ski tracks previously did not work.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski tracks works ok for me, not sure how accurate it is...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used Skitracks once and switched to AlpineReplay which uses GPS and you can follow your friends and have tables for max mph, vertical, calories burned, miles covered etc. Great app and good fun comparing at the end of the day. It even logs jumps and airtime though not sure how accurate this is.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
is ski tracks on android does anyone know. I got rid of my iphone and changed to galaxy because it is a far lighter, better phone.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
biddpyat wrote:
is ski tracks on android does anyone know. I got rid of my iphone and changed to galaxy because it is a far lighter, better phone.

Yes - Costs 79p

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.corecoders.skitracks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I run Skitracks and Alpine review together, no data roming required and my HTC one (2 years old now) still has about 30% power at the end of the day ( as long as I don't use it for anything else.)
I upload Alpine review on the hotels free wi-fi at the end of the day. I find the Max speed is usualy higher on satracks, it seems to get more false readings sometimes more then 10/12 mph higher. when they both read about the same I tend to believe it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike SWest, HTC one mini, did four days, each day didn't get below 50% battery when snow tracks run from 9am till 4 pm approx
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've used both ski tracks and alpine replay. I had to stop using alpine replay this year as recent updates have made it incompatible with my slightly older phone, but as it's free I can't really complain. Overall I think I preferred alpine replay, and I think it was more accurate. It also seemed to take a lot more data points, which was sometimes useful. Ski Tracks seems to be kinder to my battery though, and just works.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm not convince Skitracks is very accurate. I seriously doubt I hit 86k/hr. Looked good on the screenshot for bragbook though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I found Ski Tracks much simpler to use than Alpine Replay - the latter requiring an internet connection before it would tell you anything.

Top tips for extending battery life: turn off wifi; turn off 3G.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike-H, me too - Ski Tracks says I reached 86kph on two consecutive days last week, one day was perfect groomed pistes in nice snow and the other was very heavy cut up wet snow while I had a massive hangover - While I suppose it's feasible I went that fast on the good day, I very much doubt I did it on the bad day!! It felt much slower anyway...

However it is interesting for looking at your route and comparing ski distance, vertical etc, for £0.79 it's not much to pay for that kind of thing.
ski holidays
bobmcstuff, For 79p its a good toy, but most of the data is questionable. I was just happy mine was the fastest in the group at which point I swore blind the app was perfect. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy