Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3D downhill ski game - an "exception", "highly addictive"

Poster: A snowHead
This 3D downhill ski game 'ORF Ski Challenge 06' is rated an "exception", compared to most free games by I4U News. They rate it "highly addictive", "fast to play" ... and, best of all, it incorporates World Cup downhill courses including Bormio, Wengen und Kitzbühel.

The instructions are in German, but they reckon the game interface is "visual and easy enough to figure it out quickly."

Here's where to download it: http://skichallenge.orf.at
Here's the review of I4U News: http://www.i4u.com/article4670.html

How do you rate it, yourself?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well I'd love to try it but it needs a good (very good) graphics card Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What does that cost, and how do you obtain it?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, can't fit a different one in my laptop, so it will have to wait till I get a new laptop Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just tried it: superb, gives a real feel of speed, altho I'm no games expert. A bit of trial error involved unless you speak german, but worth the effort, epecially as it is free!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great game - is it possible to get onto the other runs, or is that only on the payed-for version
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Especially the Wengen run
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Runs a treat on my average spec Presario laptop.Graphics fine on standard res(bit glitchy on hi-res)Mine runs a 64MB ATI card.Tricky little game.Does give a fair impression of speed and,like some Playstation games,you have a ghost rider to chase(if you can keep up with him Sad )Looks as if course is fixed,though you can change riders skiwear(and sex Shocked )and you have four ski options.Surprisingly difficult to get a clean run and,just as in the real thing,over compensate and you is toast Skullie Only,on this piste,you don't break every bone in your body Laughing Good fun.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Teenage Daughter tells me that it is a little bit better than the Ski club game! At the same time moaning that it is all in German, I offered her a German/English dictionary but I was deemed to be unhelpful Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great game considering it's free. May not get much work done today!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith, Funny enough I found this game yesterday independently of this post!! It is good fun although no games wizard either. As I am not fluent in German does anyone know how to play other courses? Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm not particularly into gaming but this is ACE!!!

This probably sounds really dumb but it really does give me an insight into downhill skiing (I'm a boarder).

I'm aching to get away! (21 days to go) snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I managed to sign in with a username and password & got a confirmation email, but my language skills are lacking so when it threw up a load of stuff I had to stop and get on with some work. I assume from my limited translation that there is some sort of competition over the next few months ?
It was fun to play and looked good on my moderately up to date gaming setup.
Google translation helped a bit but without cut&paste the long text chunks in boxes are a bit of guesswork. Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Ross, I can't see how to play the other courses, but the website blurb harps on about the other courses, and blabs "so-many days to Groden bla-bla" (That's german for Val Gardena.) If you sign in with username, password etc (as lampbus did) you get to enter a competition to win a trip to Ischgl (I think) if you are quick enough.

Hopefully they will release the other courses on a race-by-race basis, hopefully still for free!

BTW my german is rubbish so do not rely on the contents of this post!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the ice perv, Reading this link that David Goldsmith provided http://www.i4u.com/article4670.html it says the there is only qualifying available at the moment and the real races will begin in December sometime.
snow report
Lets have a Snowheads World Cup Race.

Post your best time here! (be honest!)
snow conditions
Love the game - but just like the race in the EOSB I seem to unerringly take out the gates Embarassed
snow report
2:09:251 (after a lot of go's!)
ski holidays
MagSeven, beats me - 2:13:290
snow conditions
2:14:somthing. I got some best times (presumabely as I have registered) lots of forign names with times just under 2:59....
snow report
2.08.964 The secret is dont fall, and be 11 yrs old. I fell lots and was rubbish, much to the joy of the bin lids.
ski holidays
God, I'm so sad.

2:07:350
ski holidays
2.07.585. It's harder on the ice. I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome...
snow report
2:08.150 last night. must try harder . . .
ski holidays
down to 2:10:742 - my finger hurts Crying or Very sad
latest report
2:15 and it's driving me CRAZZZZY Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
do the skis you choose affect your speed??
ski holidays
gregh, I'm not consistent enough to tell hehehe.

I do hate it though - when I do a fast run, beating my ghost and then crash just before the end like I just f*@!$£" did!!! Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

do the skis you choose affect your speed??

Not so far! I can sense little difference between "race" and "extreme" skis.
snow report
hmmm I seem worse on that than i do when im racing on plastic (which says a lot...) Still allways screw up the second gate though so i guess some things never change Sad

Are there any other options like slarlom avilable?

Wish they had an english language option Sad but its a great little game snowHead

Forgot to add, the only other thing it needs is the ski sunday theme playing in the background, after a quick google got it Very Happy

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 1-12-05 22:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
a real find - really gives a feal for downhill racing - plus you can replay your race with reverse angles. Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/ski_sunday/3314913.stm

top link - ski sunday highlights - one of them collects more slalom gates than me on an EOSB - ended up having 3 hanging off them hehehe

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 5-12-05 1:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
finally finished the course with a time of 2.17.777
since then i still keep messing up the 2nd gate lol
snow report
Down to 2:07:801 - wine makes things so much smoother Cool
ski holidays
MagSeven is still in the lead snowHead
ski holidays
Gonna take some beating. this certainly gets you in the mood. defo ganno cause some wrist discomfort.no change there then!
snow report
2.10.1 room for improvement.

I'm a games nerd and this game is great for its size and freeness.
latest report
2.08.907 must carve those turns more !!!
latest report
2:06.842 !! But Im still ranked 39147 yes, 39 thousand Cool
snow report
Does anyone know if nw courses will be unlocked in updates, or if you have to pay for the full game?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy