Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

diodes changed colour

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, does anyone else have the 2013 burton diode black with white dots ? did the dots change colour on you too ? mine have gone a dirty yellow ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes - exactly the same. Disappointing! They've not worn well those bindings, the coating off the carbon highbacks is cracking and the ankle straps getting worn too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just saw next seasons diodes on whitelines site, this seasons had a different highback composition to 11 and 12,s.
I have always been wary of carbon bindings from using past older models the current union chargers have a weak highback mount point too .
Hopefully burton irons out the bugs the good thing I believe about burton is they eventually do make it better.... its just if you are paying for the R&D in the meantime.
If so... maybe they will sort you out with some bits with email or a ph call it has worked for me in the past, great after service .

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 1-02-14 22:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for replies, in discussion with shop and burton at the moment, unfortunately they sent through this years highback to go on the original base as they have no stock of original parts. However together the colour clash, style and change in design make them look ridiculous together, my anology would be like sending a new car to the garage for a repair to the door and then them fitting a different colour and model door and calling it a repair ?
yes they changed this years one quite a bit, maybe if i am lucky burton might agree to swap the complete binding ? i read in their warranty that material defects are covered and i would consider this one ? however not going to surprise me if they argue that the highbacks they sent will suffice, we shall see.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As I suspected customer services have dug there feet in and insist replacing the highback will suffice. I would nt mind if it was just a neutral black highback but as it's black and green and the footplate is black and white they do look a bit ridiculous together which is not what i expected from their 355 euro top of the range binding. Wish i had bought them in UK not Austria as think i would have a fairly valid argument for 'satisfactory quality' under the sale of goods act. So a letter to the MD next me thinks and a good chance I will never buy another Burton product again.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dude, if the original "problem" didn't make you look ridiculous enough, complaining about getting a free replacement highback is making sure of it.

rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dude, the original problem did n't make me look ridiculous, just made the binding look grubby and worn out which after 4 months is not really acceptable on a top of the range 355 euro binding. I am not complaining about getting a free replacement highback I am complaining about the compatability of the replacement and as to whether any others had experienced this problem with their bindings. (who says dude these days anyway? rolling eyes )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Although I'm not impressed by mine, I'm not bothered. Don't you ride with salopettes over the binding anyway?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dude, just get over yourself and go snowboarding. You don't look at the highback when you're riding.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My Union MCs have got a bit scratched. Should I get a refund?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Custard the Rabbit wrote:
My Union MCs have got a bit scratched. Should I get a refund?

Definitely.

To the OP they're tools not jewels. I'm not overly convinced by Burton quality but they stand by their warranty pretty well. However UT's a bit excessive to expect them to carry spares in every colour way just in case a primadonna is worried about their Feng Shui.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I get to go snowboarding everyday for many many many years now, and I am not even sure what feng shui is anyway. Not even expecting Burton to carry spares in every colour either, however as I said above I would have expected a little more from their top of the range binding and their warranty on this product especially as it seems to be a common problem with this model of binding. If this was 2 or 3 years down the line I would not even be bothered at all and on other bindings (burton included) I have changed straps, buckles highbacks without issue over the years as required but as they were only a few months from purchase when this problem occured then i feel as a customer that it is not acceptable and neither is the solution they have offered.

The reason I made this post was just to find out if any others had experienced this problem and what solutions they had been offered.

Cannot really see the level of sarcasm above is necessary at all, dudes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hsdee, you refer to this as a "problem". Why is it a problem? Surely they still work exactly as they should? It's a minor cosmetic issue. Disappointing maybe, but no more. I may have been sarcastic, but I have to confess that since my board sits in my living room all year round I was a little disappointed that some of the paint began to flake away from my ridiculously expensive bindings after only a week or two, but I'm hardly going to try and blag a new pair. If Burton have sent you a whole new pair of highbacks, I think they've already done more than can reasonably be expected. Enjoy riding more, complain less; that's my advice for a happy life, take it if you want.... Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hsdee wrote:
I get to go snowboarding everyday for many many many years now, .

Yet you still haven't learnt it's about the ride not what your kit looks like?

Your issue is you have a 2013 season binding, it's now 2014 season. They stopped making your colourway probably in summer 2012. So they simply can't replace it. Is that so hard to understand?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Premium bindings from Burton and Union are not premium its just the premium price/hype thats got people buying them .

Hard pill to swallow but I,ve been down that road and am very wary of carbon bindings other brands look better like Nidecker carbons or the iron flex Drake Podiums other euro brands are into BX so worth a look.
In 1999 the Burton CFX carbon binding highback was exactly identical to the first Burton Diode model highback it was a very bad sign 10+ years on, they are still changing the diode highback up each season after lots warrantys since its relese.
The Union charger and MC kit is the same deal it has lots of warrantys you can generally read and see photos on usa forums as they buy more quantity than uk.

In a way fatbob is right put your money into ride time and freetime into reliable durable equipment research. Its easy to say I imagine everyone gets stung sooner or later on the unexpected but once you ride a lot you soon relise what works in a endurance application but even then you still need to have spares or spares availability.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 19-02-14 16:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
hsdee, I had a highback replaced on my Cartels 3 years ago. Luckily it was an exact replacement, if it came back any other colour than black I would have been pissed too as only 1 highback was sent in and my bindings were all black. Even though, I doubt I would have gotten a complete new set of bindings if that were the case, which appears to be what you're angling for. Get a can of spray paint and get creative Cool
ski holidays
Another point is that snowboard kit is basically designed for one week a year punters and their egos. Heavy users will wear it out/ break it within the warranty period quite often. When I did a season I destroyed high end boots from Salomon and a high end Drake binding - fortunately both got warrantied.
latest report
That's the best justification for buying new stuff ever Wink
snow report
Just to disagree with fatbob and on some of the Burton-bashing. I've just switched some bindings around on my boards so that my most-used setup is once again my Burton CO2s that I brought here with me. Seven seasons ago. One new highback, otherwise totally original, including ladders and ratchets!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy