Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SkiSet. do you get what you order whun you tick the "model Guaranteed" box?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For some models of ski, SkiSet say on their website that they can guarantee that you will get that particular model. You need to tick the appropriate box. Has anyone any experience of this? Do you get what you ordered and not merely something "equivalent"?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, but make sure you take a print-out of the booking to the hire shop as they did just try to throw skis at us in Le Plagne. A polite request and some prodding at the printout and they gave us the booked skis.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Worked for my friend last week - ready and waiting with his name on.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info. I am tempted to go with skiset but am worried by the Snowheads' blanket condemnation. Clearly someone in the organization has had a very bad experience with them. We are heading for Arabba, which I know is the venue for one of the regular Snowheads' bashes, so I will be even more worried if this was where the bad experience was had.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiset dont own any shops, so the actual service you get very much depends on the particular shop you go to. In my experience French shops seem to follow the idea more closely (grades line up etc) whilst Austrian ones do there own thing and begrudgingly take the order from skiset (and there is a less obvious correlation between their classification and skisets.)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not a country thing, it's very much a shop thing.

I've used them 3 times in recent years with the following experience:
- Les Arcs, France - great
- Ischgl, Austria - great
- La Plagne, France - got skis but not very good and those with specific model had to ask for them (at which point they picked up the pairs of skis sat waiting with their names stuck to them, so the basic process worked OK).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got good skis in Selva Val Gardena, prior season models but looked brand new, and Tignes le Lac where the skis are this season's unless you book the cheapo range.
I also wanted to try different skis and tried 3 pairs in Selva and so far 2 in Tignes - but as it's snowing may try the Soul 7s tomorrow - so no complaints from me- but assume it depends on the individual shops as 'Skiset' seems to be a marketing and possibly buying group of independent stores.
However, other people seem to have got good deals in resort by "shopping around".
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skiset in chantel Arc 1800 - abominable. Range of skies, quality, and patronizing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy