Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking near lifts in Selva di Val Gardena, Ortisei or Santa Caterina

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My husband and I are planning to ski Alta Badia/ Sella Ronda for the first time and we are looking to stay in or near Selva di Val Gardena. I am getting various offers from bed and breakfast and apartments in the area, many of which state that they are a few minutes from the Sella Ronda lifts by car (such as Ciampinoi, Col Raiser, Sassongher etc). I wonder how feasible it is to stay in such a place and take our car to the lifts (is it too much of a hassle?). Is there parking available by these gondolas or do the spots fill up quickly in the morning? We are trying to avoid the pain of waiting at the bus stops and taking the buses to the lifts, so trying to decide whether we have to stay short walking distance to the lift or drive a few minutes. Also if you have taken the shuttle buses in the area, how regular/quick/easy are they? What about the return trips in the afternoon?
Thank you for any help!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know there is a free car park at bottom of Monta Pana chair St Christina, between Selva and Ortisei.
Saw it today.
Also car park directly next to Susi lift in Ortisei
We are there at the moment.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm sorry about multiple posts. rolling eyes

EDIT: Sorted-andyman
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
susieski, thank you for your response! Did you happen to notice if the free car park was all filled up? Wonder how easy it is to grab a spot. Thanks!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try garni puez 5 mins on foot from main gondola in S Christina. It's now 5 euros to park at the gondola. I'm sure it was free 2 years ago
http://www.puez.eu/Puez2/Home.html
Ask for Otto.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
At about 1530 the car park was chocca, get there early.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Monta Pana chair car park was no where near full at 1100am this morning Plenty of spaces.
Plenty of lovely soft piste, off piste powder and loads coming down as I speak.
Empty pistes, great area around Monta Pana , Piz Sella down to Plan de Graba
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Best find something walking/skiing distance to one of the lifts, or if you can't find/afford that, near a bus stop.

The bus service is very good and could be a better option than faffing about getting skis and boots in and out of cars and clearing snow, de-icing in the morning, though it now costs a few euros per week instead of included on the lift-pass.

Check out Google map of Selva which shows the lifts and pistes. There are a few ski-in ski-out places around the lifts and pistes at the top end of Selva, around the main road, Streda Freina, Dantercepies. Streda Puez & Cir near the nursery slopes are good spots. This accommodation is quite a bit more expensive and often sells out. The top end of Streda Larciunei which runs above Selva on the north side is a short walk into the nursery lifts, might be a good option

The bottom end of Selva, Plan Da Tieja and most parts of Santa Cristina are a bus ride from lifts, choose carefully!

If you're determined to save money on accommodation by using the car and are confident of your winter driving, best to make the largest saving by staying a long way from the Sella Ronda lifts, like below Santa Cristina or down in the further reaches of Ortisei, maybe even further.

There is a car park near the Col Raiser gondola and there was one at Dantercepies but that lift has been renewed this year so not sure what the arrangement is there now. The best place to park is a huge car park at Plan de Gralba 3km beyond Selva on the Sella Pass Road next to the Piz Sella & Piz Seteur lifts, this would be my choice if I was commuting by car.

So in summary, stump up the cash to get something a stone's throw from the lifts in Selva or stay in the cheapest thing you can find in Val Gardena (being aware of steep access issues, so stick fairly near the main road) and commute up to Plan de Gralba or Dantercepies (if there's still a car park there, get there early, it never was huge) if you need to head over to Corvara.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all for replying, this helps a lot. Can someone tell me how far is Garni Puez in St Cristina from the lifts (on foot) and whether it's possible to ski down nearby or into town. What aboutr Garni Max?
Thank you!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Regarding LUIGI's post above, I can confirm there is a car park next to the new DANTERCEPIES lift in Selva. This lift takes you right onto the Sella Rhonda route. Enjoy, the snow is wonderful ATM (I was there last week)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
piter wrote:
Thank you all for replying, this helps a lot. Can someone tell me how far is Garni Puez in St Cristina from the lifts (on foot) and whether it's possible to ski down nearby or into town. What aboutr Garni Max?
Thank you!

It's 5 mins downhill on foot. Leave your car in front of the garni all day. It's on a road and I didn't see a snow field behind it so probably not possible to ski down unless you want to ski on the pavement!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dantercepies 'had' a small carpark beside the bottom station. I say 'had' as it's been rebuilt over this closed season, I'd imagine that it's still there. Nothing around Ciampinoi. There's a great biggun at Plan de Gralba giving good access to Selva.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy