Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resort best for ski in/ski out

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm looking for a French resorts where there's a good chance if getting a last minute deal on a ski in ski out chalets....for this weekend coming

Was looking at Val D'isere but saw that many of the runs back to the village are tricky and my wife isn't the most confident of skiers I'm looking for another option..

Also any good tour operators would people recommend for these resorts.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skippyd, welcome to snowheads. snowHead No problem catching a lift down in Val D'Isere, but it's an expensive resort. Are you looking at catered chalets? Ski Olympic is an operator which often get good reviews here, but for last minute bargains you need to be flexible. We got a great last minute deal with Le Ski in Courchevel 1650 once - but you can get cheaper with the likes of Crystal or Inghams.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
take a look on iglu, they cover all the major operators.

http://www.igluski.com/la-tania/chalet-delta_p27246?holidayid=651753715 la tania
http://www.igluski.com/les-menuires/chalet-eva_p33280?holidayid=679120008&oid=909433408 les menuires
http://www.igluski.com/courchevel-1850/chalet-bellecote_p27336?holidayid=587952609&oid=912884739 courchevel
http://www.igluski.com/les-arc-peisey-vallandry/chalet-blanchot_p18767?holidayid=568772331&oid=910613177 les arc - vallandry

would be my top picks right now.

aj xx
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your help.

When you say val d is expensive is that for a chalet or just in resort?

I found a good quality chalet in val d slashed in half so is it really they great?
Other options I'm looking at courcheval, les arcs, or les menuires..if the cost of the chalets wasn't much different what would you go for?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val d Sere is great but is an expensive resort in terms of lift passes eating on the mountain. Looking at the options above, if your wife is a nervous skier I would say courcheval would be a great option. Lots of great confidence building pistes. Of course, not a cheap resort. The chalet looks nice there. Its a great place to ski. I would choose it ahead of la tania. I suspect the chalets in reberty would be great as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Some Chalets in Reberty Villages, part of Les Menuires , have great ski in and out positions. I really enjoyed clipping in in the morning and cruising to the La Masse lifts or the Bruyeres Gondola. http://skiolympic.com/specials/ Ski Olympic show a reduction from £825 to £395 on one of their chalets in Reberty this weekend. I would bite their hands off at that money.

Ski Olympic are tops in my book.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you want a more expensive option there are plenty of deals here, you have to organise your own flights and transfers so that will bump the cost a bit more but I can vouch for the quality of the service and food. :- http://www.supertravel.co.uk/ski/specialoffers.aspx
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Val Thorens is the best ski in ski out resort I've been to. Inghams has some nice places around or if you prefer chalets then try Skiworld.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://skiolympic.com/ski-snowboard-holidays-les-menuires-3-vallees-chalet-maurienne I could be very tempted at that for £395 looks very nice
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some good ski in and out in Risoul, but appartments, not chalets. Nice runs back to appartments.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all your advice..

Anyone ever been with VIP ski?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ref VIP Ski

Not myself - a friend of mine has and really rated them
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snap their hands off, it's a brilliant chalet. Bedrooms are small but the main room/balcony has excellent views. Last year ski olympic didn't discount at all so we booked early for discount. Gutted at these prices.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Now looking at skitotal and they ski in ski out chalet in courcheval....

Seen mixed reviews about skitotal...are they any good...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Avoriaz is pretty much all ski in ski out.
Val T is mainly, also see Courcheval.
snow report
skitotal - on a discount def worth it. full price no. Propertys are good, staff/mgmt a bit variable ime. no worse than anyone else but not worth the £1000+ askingthey often have.
latest report
skippyd, I've stopped at the Ski Olympic chalets in Reberty as well and can certainly recommend them and the ski in / out position

Ski Total to my knowledge load a last minute price with a booking fee
snow conditions
All, thanks again for all your advice

I'm down to two options

VIP Val d nice chalet on piste..£1200 for 2

Ski total Coucherval : not as nice chalet but still on piste..£1000 for 2

Which one?
snow report
Courchevel
snow conditions
Nicer for nervous skiers - Val D'Isere can seem a bit intimidating.
ski holidays
Agree with pam w (again!). I think Courcheval would be much better for your wife.
snow report
Big dilemma. Ski VIP are head and shoulders above any other chalet company I've used. Food is top quality and chalets lovely. However runs back from Val d are for confident skiers only in my opinion. Courchevel is great for confidence building regardless of which village you are in.

Give your wife the information pros and cons and let her decide!!! Wink

I don't think you can lose either way TBH and if the Val d chalet is in the heart of town, you can get lifts (even the solaise chair) back down to resort.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 29-01-14 16:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
skippyd, Have had about 6 holidays with VIP, all good. Only exception was some difficult guests the one time we shared a chalet, but I think that is unusual and could happen anywhere. I rate them highly, and will be on holiday with them next week Very Happy

Meribel Mottaret also good for ski in/out. NB that most chalets in the main resort of Meribel are away from the piste, though VIP offer a shuttle service, as do some other operators there.
snow report
esprit have a room for 2 adults and 1 child (yes I know you didn't say you needed child space) but the accommodation and food are good (well tbh the accom is a little tired, but perfectly adequate) and the location is hard to beat )just below the altiport, 2 drags and easy runs outside the hotel. Not sure if they would accept someone without a child in tow and it does mean being in a hotel with lots of children.

Just throwing it in there as a possible option.
ski holidays
Damn...courcheval chalet gone...

Now got alp d'huez option option with VIP along with val D'isere....

Looking like val D'Isere...

Ansta1 which resort does espirit have a room in?
snow report
ADH would be a good option for your wife.
ski holidays
Layne, agreed, ADH is great for the less confident. Nice runs down from gondola first station and you can avoid chairs while you gain confidence.
snow report
I think I should make it clear that I did take my wife down a black run 2 years ago in Meribel which she did admirably on without falling so I might be being a bit cautious....

As they say a happy wife is a happy life....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skippyd, if I were your wife I would have my own ideas about where I wanted to go.... wink What are her priorities for the holiday? One argument in favour of val d'Isere is some excellent ski schools.

Have those Ski Olympic places in Reberty gone?
ski holidays
Also must say this forum is great...never expected this much help....so a big thank you to everyone....
snow report
I'm lucky in that my wife trusts me to take her to the most appropriate places...she just wants to push herself and become a better skier.
latest report
skippyd wrote:
Damn...courcheval chalet gone...

Now got alp d'huez option option with VIP along with val D'isere....

Looking like val D'Isere...

Ansta1 which resort does espirit have a room in?

Courchevel
snow report
Details here http://www.espritski.com/offers/
ski holidays
Quote:

she just wants to push herself and become a better skier

well in that case quality of ski school should be one of the more important criteria.
latest report
Agreed, for anyone nervous/early intermediate I'd avoid ValDIsere (Tignes is better) and even alpe d'huez it depends where you are. Courchevel is much more intermediate friendly.

La Plagne? http://www.igluski.com/plagne-centre/lugano-suite_p26356?holidayid=665607419&oid=913633877
snow report
Book Val d with VIP before that goes too!!! You would be mad not to.

I certainly wouldn't book to go with Esprit if you aren't with kids. That would be hell on earth.
snow report
a.j., that is a really good suggestion. La Plagne is excellent for intermediates. Just beware that the building that chalet is within is horrible. Certainly not as "chocolate box" as Val d
latest report
I am always puzzled by claims that Val d'Isere is "chocolate box". Compared to Tignes, maybe, but still a purpose built, high altitude, big, busy, cosmopolitan ski factory. Despite a bit of wood cladding.
ski holidays
Another vote for Val Thorens, literally everywhere is ski in ski out.
snow conditions
skippyd, skiweekends chalets in Les Menuires Reberty might suit
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy