Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen off-piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know:
- good routes
- places /shops that rent out avalanche transceivers (or full avalanche kit - incl shovel and probe) in Mayrhofen?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe try http://www.greenroom.at
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To find out good routes I can thoroughly recommend RocknSnow mountain guides. You cannot beat a local guide wherever you go!

http://www.rocknsnow.at/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unfortunately it's mostly not so easy to see what's easily accessible, try skiers right of red 27, under the 150 man if you are more confident (watch out it's easy to get cliffed out), side of the blue 2 (right before the first turn) etc.. Ask around places like Scottie's.. I'm not gonna give away all the secrets (will get hated for that) but be friendly (and not terrible off piste) and people often like to have someone to explore with
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Would that be adjacent to the timed slalom course on Red 27 ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are good options either side of 27, from the top of the piste looking down you can duck under the rope on the right and go down through the rocks, or as you head down the piste veer off to the left then pretty much parallel to the run as the piste turns right and ride right down past the slalom track and rejoin at the bottom, or from the top of 27 hike along the ridge behind the Unterbergalm lift station the drop into the bowl towards run 27 or over the other side of the ridge down into death valley. This video from Jan 2006 it the point we normally hike to.

I used to rent my transceivers from the SCGB, not sure if they still do it.

http://youtube.com/v/XaBPHkFdM20
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy