Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grumpy loser!

Poster: A snowHead
Finally managed to watch a replay of the mens DH from Kitzbehel and what a contrast in attitude from the top racers to losing!
When Svindal lost the lead he had a wry smile on his face and he gave Reichelt clap, Miller on the other had was just sat there scowling when Svindal took the lead!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 29-01-14 16:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It was a pretty striking difference.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
He was still pouting at the prize giving! He definitely did not make many friends with his rather childish reaction, and he may have lost some support as well. His whole attitude this season seems to be a wee bit suspect. I noticed in Sölden that he did not take being well and truly beaten all that well. He was always a good loser before, so I wonder what has changed?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe the 10 kilos he has lost for this season....?

Seriously, perhaps Father Time and the realisation that this is possibly his final season and its not going quite to plan (though I thought his run was pretty amazing really - 3rd is hardly failure).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

he had a wry smile on his face and he gave Reichelt clap

Shocked .... is that what "loosers" do Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gvj, well thats what folk who realise winning and loosing are both part of the game do! In contrast to having having what looked like a grumpy sulk that was more like I'd expect from a spoilt 5 year old not his/her own way!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cacciatore, Yep, the top 3, and a few more below them all put in stunning runs if you ask me .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davkt, I think gvj's, comment was rather more venereal than you assumed.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Look at the difference between the 3rd place finisher in Schladming (Felix Neureuther) and Bode. Neureuther and 2nd place finisher hoisted winner Henrik Kristoffersen on their shoulders and celebrated the young Norwegian's maiden win. Bode sulked and gave Hannes Reichelt death stares on the podium. Bode may have won a lot of races, but he is not a real champion. Both Felix and Marcel have shown that they are true champions by their grace in both victory and defeat.

I hope that Bode retires after this season so we don't have to put up with his antics anymore.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 30-01-14 6:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dudleyf wrote:
I hope that Bode retires after this season so we don't have to put up with his antics anymore.

Bloody charming.

I hope he carries on. And I don't know why anyone would be surprised that an American sports star is a bad loser - most of them seem to be.

And why can't people spell a simple word like loser?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+ 1

+1

and

+1
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller, Corrected now, me being dyslexic and finding it very hard to see the difference between how I had written it and you had written it could be the answer to your question.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 29-01-14 16:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah Embarassed

+1

+1

and

-1, in that case Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Its a total pain when I spell the wrong word right, no squiggly red lines under it to help me out!

http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/martha-snow.html explains it far better than I can.
snow conditions
Maybe being a 36 year old who had just blown what may be his last attempt to win a race everyone says he should win to cement a legacy explains his attitude. He's come close but never achieved after 2 well run seconds and 2 fourths. He's very aware of his fragility after having lost a season in a half to injury. Hudec is quoted as saying he had doubted Bode would be able to recover from his knee injury.

Bode complained about no one but blamed himself. He said he made an unforced error in an easy part of the course and that he wanted to hide after his run. He claimed it hurt most knowing that he hadn't run the hill the way it should be run, had caused his own failure and called it the biggest disappointment of his career. And it clearly wasn't just losing as he looked stricken at the end of his run when he was in first place and a second ahead. He had no problem losing to Defago in the Super-G by .05. As he said "I got beat" and skied well enough.

I'm American and may sees things differently than you. I understand that different cultures have different ideas about what are acceptable emotions to display in public, but I don't have a problem with a man angry at his own stupidity showing real pain at his own unnecessary failure.
ski holidays
Bode's a winner and didn't like losing, he's entitled to look pained when he's lost.

Not unlike Marcel Hirscher, beaten into second last night at Schladming by 0.01s, he didn't exactly look over the moon either. Brave face etc but beneath that he's hurting and that's what makes winners bounce back, that inner strength. Mario Matt will come back stronger after his straddle too.

I love ski racing, proper tension and proper sport, super-fine margins and winner takes all. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
davkt, ah, in that case apologies. And the most talented people I know seem to be dyslexic to one extreme or another snowHead
snow conditions
I'd rather people looked p'd off in this situation that being quick to clap when the camera swings round. Shows they care.
ski holidays
chrisdavis, +1......and are honest.....anyone who calls his own sponsors "complete ass*****" clearly wears his heart on his sleeve, I like that!
snow report
Bode Swiller, No need to worry, no offence taken!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy