Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats the best option getting from Bourg - Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We're off to Tignes in March on Eurostar. In your experience what is the best way of getting up to Tignes from there?
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.altibus.com
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If your group is large enough a minibus taxi is worth considering:-

For example:-
http://www.taxi-bourg-st-maurice.net/en/prices
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
speak to keiran at tignes spirit
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

In your experience what is the best way of getting up to Tignes from there?

There's a bus roughly every hour on weekend days. Starts immediately outside Bourg St M gare. Presumably drops off at gare routiere near centre of Tignes le Lac. I caught it to Val D'Isere a couple of years ago and it worked fine. See link:
http://www.mobisavoie.fr/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bus/coach, it is easy cheap and quick. If you need luggage storage and showers then you have them just up the stairs from Gare Routiere in the Tignes les Lac Maison (Tourist Office.) So you will get a full day of skiing on the saturday - if you have the energy!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JayDub wrote:
So you will get a full day of skiing on the saturday - if you have the energy!

Depends whether it's the Friday night party train or the more sedate Saturday morning departure
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
London_Falcon, of course - I forgot about the day time option. I always do the Friday night party train, it does not feel like a party train to me, more a sleep deprivation train - but well worth it for the extra day!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone - I'll take a look. Seems I have quite a few options. I'm on the sedate Saturday morning train from London and the overnight train on the way home.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The party train no longer runs, it cost me about £15 return on the coach bsm to val disere. I get a full day skiing this saturday but the last bus leaves val d at 6:15 arriving bsm 7:30, leaving 2.5 hrs to kill in bsm
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tangowaggon, Le Tonneau - pleasant bar 2 minutes from the platform - just on the roundabout.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
London_Falcon wrote:
If your group is large enough a minibus taxi is worth considering:-

For example:-
http://www.taxi-bourg-st-maurice.net/en/prices

Those prices haven't changed much since I took that option about 11 years ago!! Then it was €80. Of course, the exchange rate was better Laughing

Personally, I'd probably still take a taxi for 2+ people - quicker, more comfortable and, assuming access is OK, you'll be dropped outside your accommodation.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy