Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OTG goggles for a child

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My 9 year old daughter wears glasses, and this year her sight is bad enough that she will need to wear them skiing.For the last 2 years she's not needed to wear them, and has been fine with her Aldi helmet and Bolle junior goggles. Now she needs new bigger goggles, and we can't find any that fit over her glasses and fit the helmet too. Junior goggles are too narrow, but adult ones are too deep and squash the end of her nose. We've tried 6 different ski shops here in Gothenburg, to no avail. We've also tried different helmets, in case that was the problem, without success. All the goggles we find end up being pushed down over her nose by her helmet.

Any suggestions? We were planning a quick trip here next weekend before we go on holiday in 12 days, but the lack of goggles is a real problem.

Any advice gratefully received, though I know it's difficult with helmet/goggle combos. Are there are brands that make kids OTG goggles?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A visor helmet? A few have been suggested and get good reviews here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2238764&highlight=visor#2238764
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mgrolf, pretty sure Decathlon do OTG goggles for kids, might be worth a look? Can't see them online Sad

But a quick google comes up with Smith Challenger Junior OTG goggles, not too expensive and fairly widely available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smith-Girls-Challenger-Snow-Goggle/dp/B00C5RMOUK/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1390856750&sr=1-1&keywords=smith+challenger&tag=amz07b-21

or Bolle Kids Boost

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-Kids-Boost-OTG-Goggles/dp/B00A9T95V2?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sarah unfortunately (or otherwise) Decathlon haven't quite spread this far west in Sweden yet...and I mistakenly assumed that it would be easy to get goggles in Sweden given the popularity of snowsports here... Sad. The Smith ones look like possibles, but I've not seen them here either (and they're possibly too small, as junior goggles seem to be now). Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll see if I can find them locally.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mgrolf, sorry to hear that. davkt's idea might work then. Or if you think an adult (but not OTG) goggle might work then look at Smith Stance, my 9 year old wears these(not with glasses) after trying on loads of pairs as all others pinched his nose as you describe. For kids I've found the distance from the forehead to the nose '^' needs to be as short as possible. Even some kids goggles pinch their noses!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Should have said my 10 year old (as of next week) wears adult S or XS helmets depending on the make. She is currently in a Salomon XS ladies helmet.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My 7 yr old has Bolle Boosts OTG's and they work out well for her with a helmet, never steam up and never pressure her nose. I bought them online but don't recall from where. try google search Bolle Boost
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The best thing would be to get her, with her helmet, into a shop with a decent selection. I currently use a pair of Bolle goggles (don't know the model name) which aren't sold as OTG, but which I have found to work perfectly well over glasses when I can't be bothered to put contacts in. Importantly these were also a pair which was comfortable with my helmet.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jirac18, thanks, I'll see if we can find some to try.
The problem may have been solved by my old, retired Bolles which I'd forgotten about but found whilst tidying things away (we've just moved over to Gothenburg). We're going to try them at the weekend and see if they survive a day's skiing. Fingers crossed!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mgrolf, my wife wears glasses too so I just cut some grooves into the foam seal of her googles for the arms of her specs to fit through. Standard trespass goggles are now trespass otgs and at no extra cost!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy