Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend a good Table Service restuarant in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
I have some guests who would like to try Morzine tomorrow and they are quite fussy with lunch stops. Not knowing the area too well for lunch stops (I am based in chatel), can you recommend a restuarant:

1 - in morzine
2 - on the piste (or ski in/ out)
3 - table service
4 - with terrace in the sun if its a sunny day tomorrow
5 - cost is not an issue

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably Le Vaffieu at the top of Folliets chair lift. Normally need to book.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Phone : +33 (0)4 50 79 21 15
Piste des Raverette
74110 MORZINE

Restaurant Chez Nannon

Nyon area - approach from the Troncs lift most conveniently
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pamski, noggy, thanks guys, I will look up those and see which they prefer. I hope they are expensive, they will be paying for me too Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Libertine, chez Nannon not daftly expensive. Actually better on a crappy day if you can get yourself into the inner sanctum. "Patates au reblochon" the signature dish.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Libertine, if you can get them to ski over to Les Gets then La Paika on the Vorosses piste would be good too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And if you can get them just a little bit further La Grande Ourse on Mont Chery Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gonna be a challenge to get em to morzine !!! why do guests always think they are better than what they are... and the more money they have....

Anyways, I think it will be quicker to ski themdown the blue to prodains and get the bus to Pleney rather than the schlep via super morzine and across town?? would we agree on that?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Paika is well worth a trip. One of my two favourite mountain restaurants anywhere.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for La Paika, especially if its sunny!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Libertine, possibly quicker - ah, and of course you're starting in Chatel. Hmmm, yes, Prodains as long as shuttle frequency adequate.

La Paika is lovely but getting a slow group there and back with enough time for a nice long lunch will be at best a challenge challenge. I am sure that their own opinins of expensive don't apply to adding in Morzine-Chatel taxis and may thereafter prejudice them paying for your lunches.

You might even be better (especially if progress is slow) just taking S-M and eating at the restaurant at the top of the SM bubble which is getting good write ups.

And I'm now thinking, if it's a slow group, they aren't going to have much time to "ski" Morzine are they?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're coming from Chatel, Chez Nannon is closer than Morzine - it's around the Nyon sector. I used to like the Cremaillere in the Lindarets bowl (heading down towards Ardent), but haven't been there for ages.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you are starting in Chatel and have a slow group you might be better off driving round and parking up underneath Pleney. Probably about 40 mins in the car as opposed to 15 mins up to Pre La Joux. Then you have all day and no need to rush about. It's what we do if we want to ski that area (and we are not slow) but the trip to Chery Nord from Chatel is a bit of a hike. Can't help on the restaurant front but you have had a few suggestions already
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
michael stocking

"If you're coming from Chatel, Chez Nannon is closer than Morzine"

Puzzled Puzzled

How exactly? Not by any mechanical uplift that I know unless they've stuck a cheeky TGV link from Chatel to Les Gets. It's really not. Really.

DJL, If driving's feasible/attractive that's not a bad idea. I took a few groups to Chatel that way in 1989 when the Avoriaz-Linga link was closed-
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks all. Took the guests to Chez Nannon and a lovely sunny day made them all a bit more confident and quicker. Food was great in Chez Nannon, but the service was not great, but saying that, they did fit us in. Was not expensive at all. Managed a bit of other skiing (as opposed to travelling) and got them back to Chaux Fleurie with a full five mins to spare before the lift closing !!

Went there via super morzine bubble and walked across town, then caught the bus back to prodains.
snow report
Libertine, very good. Chez Nannon service has a reputation for being a little iffy as they don't quite staff up for full sunny days as the tent thing is less appealing when it's blowing a hooley.
snow report
La Crapahute - nestled just at the bottom of the skiable part of the Valley De La Manche. Mark’s restaurant is available for group bookings in the evenings during the winter for a min of 10 people. Getting to the restaurant is a 20min walk up from the end of the cleared road. It’s not to far to go with kids and gets the appetite going ready for dinner. Dinner is a simple but tasty affair with Savoyard specialities the only dishes on the menu. Finished off with a night time sledge back to the road where your transfer picks you up. A great fun evening -
ski holidays
Jack13, i think you missed the "tomorrow"=28 Jan bit?
snow conditions
And the spammy link has been removed. Jack13, you have a PM in your Inbox, I suggest you read it.
latest report
and that it was for
Quote:

lunch stops

on
Quote:

28 Jan
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy