Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lange L10 Race-fit boots - what would be the modern equivalent flex rating?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title says really.

If you were to rate L10s by today's average flex ratings, where would you expect them to come out?

They were rated as '100' back in the days as Lange's stiffest consumer boot - I can't imagine they'd still be classed as that.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you mean the L10 Race? Or just the L10? The race (electric blue colour) I bought in December 98 and they were a 130 flex I'm sure. I had zip fits and certainly these were no less stiff than my Super Banshee that are a 130 now. If they were the non race ones then they are a 110.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AsterixTG, Crikey that was a while ago.

I'm going to suggest a Lange "race" boot bought in EU would be roughly equivalent to a 130 shell these days. My OH always skis the Lange either "race" or "low Volume" or both and that's what she's been on for 3 shell generations.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys - Yeah the Race, electric blue jobbies.

I just wanted to check what the consensus was as I don't need something as focused now and while I had some great times with them, they're done and I know the tech difference with new boots will be pretty good.

I'll drop to a 120 flex for the boots I get this year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy