Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late season skiing in Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is different to the late skiing in Europe topic I made a few weeks ago as next year the little feller won't be so little and will be in high school.

So we're thinking that an easter ski holiday is on the cards, maybe to Canada and Whistler for two weeks and Easter is around the 5th of April, does anyone have any experience of skiing conditions in that part of the world around early April?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes. This year... who knows? The machine isn't really on yet, so the season may come late, or it may not. I've ridden in BC in late April before, it just depends on the weather. Or is it climate?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm sure Gryphea can provide better than a one-off experience, but our one experience of skiing in April around Banff was excellent - to the extent that that is our plan for next year. Our reasons for going in April is also because of school holidays - my wife can't book Christmas as she's a nurse and, in Perthshire, schools don't get a full week's holiday in February.

I would also say that we wouldn't travel there for less than 10 days, and prefer 2 weeks; we like the relaxed feel of the longer break.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yellow Pyranha,

Not really of Whistler. Stuarth is the best one here. I'm more of a rockies girl.

April around Banff is usually good. It can snow a lot, the hills are open a lot longer , usually through may and part of June
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
homers double, we've been to Whistler many times around the end of March beginning of April and have had no complaints about lack of skiing. Conditions so far this season are far from ideal and we'll be heading out there for Easter so I'm hoping that it picks up. However, when we went at the end of March during the 04/05 season, which had been dreadful up to that point, it dumped buckets and we had an amazing time. You pays your money and you takes your chances and this might be the year that doesn't deliver but we've not been disappointed up until now. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've also done Whistler in April and generally the snow is excellent. Up high the snow is great. The last home runs are pretty chewed up by late afternoon but you can always download as it doesn't carry the same stigma as in Europe.

As a venue for a family with a little fella it'll be very hard to beat, the ski school & their facilities are exceptional.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
as geetee said.
Could be good could be bad. Generally speaking still skiing pretty good stuff in April - skied some epic runs mid April last year.
Hoping for a delayed season this year, snow at the moment pretty non-exceptional, we've only skied 3 days at Whistler so far. Sad This weekend was pretty nice (again!) for a hike/ride/run Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy