Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swoolen Knee 10 months after op

Poster: A snowHead
Seeing physio Thursday for update, knee much stronger, only problem is still the swelling after a hard excersizing ..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yorkshirelad, good news that your knee us stronger. Hopefully physio will help you manage the swelling.

I've been off games for 3 weeks as my knee flared up to the degree I could hardly walk more than 100 yards. Still going to physio so was able to put strategies in place to recover. ..seems to have been meniscus, which I ruptured, inflammation. Hopefully back to exercise this Thursday.

Let us know how you get on
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

my knee flared up to the degree I could hardly walk more than 100 yards.

Ouch. That must be very discouraging after all the work you've put in, holidayloverxx. Hope it settles down quickly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, much better now. 5 days of rest and little driving. ...and flat shoes...seem to have helped
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, never thought of a ruptured meniscus...as i did jump/fall down from a 12'' step an it was not comfortable !! put it down to the skiing and golf !! no wonder it took two weeks to get better. Puzzled

hope yours is getting better, i'm back at the manchester ski dome next week Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yorkshirelad, my meniscus rupture was at the time of the fracture. It was tidied up but now have the consequences of less meniscus to absorb shock and lubricate the joint. I think I irritated it by trying to skip...also now on the banned list!

When did you jump off a step?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, It was awhile back, but the knee was bad for about 3 weeks.

Went to see Physio yesterday, no need to see him again unless i have a problem.
I've just to keep excersizing the muscles so that they do waste away...!! little chance of that.
as of next week i'm starting to play tennis again, but advises never to run..otherwise only affect i will get is swelling after each days skiing.
but after 5 weeks in france cycling etc. the knee feels like i've never had surgery. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yorkshirelad, that's great news. You're going to have a great season snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good to hear people are getting a bit better, TPFs are a long road to recovery
Back under the knife for me, hopefully in December. Getting the TPF re-broken and a bit of bone shaved off my hip will be put in there to straighten everything up. Back to the start of rehab for me. Good bye VMO, good by quad, good bye hamstring! Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Batman_123, oh dear, that does sound tough. Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, did you say you were going in on Wednesday? How did it go and how are you getting on?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Batman_123, oh no. Hope it sorts it all out?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Batman_123, oh bad news Sad ...you've come back once and being the fit young thing you are you'll bounce back.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

How did it go and how are you getting on

it went fine, thanks. All very easy as the hospital was a pleasant two mile walk, with crutches strapped to my small walking backpack (to save the £20 or so that Spire Health would have charged me for a pair). A friend drove me home and made us a couple of cups of tea. I had a comfortable night, though I had forgotten to take the prescribed paracetamol and codeine (no doubt because it wasn't painful, as I was still full of the anaesthesia) but it was a bit sore walking and moving it this morning and I regretted my error. But it's been getting easier - not bothering with crutches any more. Plenty of sessions with the ice packs and doing the gentle exercises the physio gave me to gradually increase ROM.

Back to see the surgeon in 6 weeks - his verdict was that my knee looked in good shape (he tactfully didn't add "for your age...") and I should get a good result. All very trivial compared to the problems faced by others, including Batman_123.

I think BUPA will pay for some sessions with my local physio and, if they don't, I will. It's still swollen at the moment, not surprisingly, and need to get that down before doing much more.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, great news.
snow report
pam w, good news Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy