Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Walking trails in Snow, Les Saises, LA Clusaz , Le Grand Bornard etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are staying in Talloires (lac Annecy) mid April . My wife doesnt ski, and wont .

We are on the look out for walking trails in the snow, either with (hire) snow shoes or without. I seem to remember there were some in Les Saises.

Which ski resort should I head to , with a view to walking. Would prefer not to walk on ski pistes, as its a little dangerous

Thanks

PS we will have a hire car
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dublin2, walking on the pistes prohibited in Les Saisies - and most places, I guess.

There are 20 kms of pisted walking trails, 65 kms of trails needing raquettes (signed, but not pisted). http://www.lessaisies.com/rando-raquette.html

The longest and best walking trail goes up from the main (free) village car park, past the benetton restaurant on the Col de Lezette (about 20 minutes uphill) then winds round, roughly following the contours, to the Col de Very - a long way. You don't have to do it all - it's just "out and back" so you can do as much or as little as you like. Very beautiful, overlooking the Hauteluce Valley with terrific views across the Col de Joly (Les Contamines) to Mont Blanc. Highly recommended - not a difficult walk, and very rewarding. You'd need to carry a picnic - there are some refuges but I doubt they'd be open.

One of the more strenuous snowshoe itineraries was closed because of avalanche risk when I wanted to try it last year.

If it's very warm in mid April the pisted tracks could be slushy enough to make it easier to use raquettes and the lower paths might be past it. I did one raquettes trail last April and was so hot I was sticking snow down my neck to cool down!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are walking tracks both at valley and mountaintop height in La Clusaz with beautiful surroundings and views. Mum doesn't ski and absolutely loves being in La Clusaz, walking and snowshoeing. I'm a bit biased as I love it and it was my first proper ski holiday.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Jules
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Grand Bornand has some really good walking, including a lot of trails well away from ski pistes/machinery. Les Gets area has really nice snowshoe walking too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy