Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I've strained my back :( leave for Morzine next week!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So... Having been moderately unfit for sometime now, I upped my exercise in advance of my forthcoming trip to PDS.

I've been doing circuits once a week, metafit twice a week plus my usual netball training/match. Since Thursday though, I've been having some serious pain in my back.

I couldn't stand up straight so I took myself off to an osteopath. Wowzers, most painful £23 I ever spent! He reckons I have strained the muscles which is good in that it's not something worse but doesn't help my predicament in that I need to be fit to ski next weekend Sad

Gutted. I'm praying it heals fast.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I'm praying it heals fast.

good luck - hope it doesn't spoil the holiday. never heard of metafit - watched a YouTube video - looks tailor made to strain muscles if you go into it too fast and with anything other than perfect form.

£23 was cheap - would be more than that round our way.

Do lots of hugging your knees, on a carpet, gently rolling from side to side to massage the muscles a bit. And no more bangy jumpy. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was certainly expecting it to be more actually, the perks of living in Teesside I guess lol.

Good advice there - that's what the osteopath told me to do Wink

My poor baba keeps asking me to pick her up and it's breaking my heart to tell her I can't!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
v1cky24, where's your osteopath? They are a bit more expensive up here in Durham!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

My poor baba keeps asking me to pick her up and it's breaking my heart to tell her I can't!

Lie on the floor with raised knees, put her on your tummy and give her a hug - that shouldn't strain any muscles, even if you roll from side to side a bit.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
v1cky24, hot water bottles and ibuprofen gel is what I would try, good luck Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had the same issue (as it turns out 4years ago ) - got some good advice from fellow SHs :

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1424025&highlight=back#1424025
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells, It was a chap in Norton recommended to me by a colleague. He had kind of converted his house so I guess no expensive overheads there which is possibly why he was so cheap. I was impressed with the service, though it really hurt, I wasn't quite expecting it to be as bad as that Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
v1cky24, my father in law was a registered osteopath and physiotherapist. My hubby had back problems from squash on a few occasions, and I know it hurt when it was manipulated.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated.

I've been putting ice on it and taking ibuprofen, though I accidentally overdosed I think yesterday. My hubby got me some of the gel and told me it was ok to use it at the same time as the tablets and I've found out it isn't! Ooops. Fingers crossed my liver doesn't pack in too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
v1cky24, maximum prescription dose of ibuprofen is far more than is shown on the stuff available OTC, so you are unlikely to have done yourself any harm, provided you are taking it with food and not on an empty stomach. . It doesn't cause liver failure like paracetamol does,more kidney problems snd gastrointestinal side-effects with long term use/ Absorption of topical gel into the bloodstream is very low, so you wouldn't be overdosing unless you were using huge quantities of both each day. (maximum prescription dose is 2400mg daily, OTC dose is 1200mg.). Take with food and watch out for indigestion symptoms.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah phew.

I stopped reading about it because I frightened myself yesterday. I had taken the maximum tablets of a standard pack you are allowed in a day plus 2 lots of voltarol gel.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy