Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Review - Coreupt POW

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Coreupt POW. 2012 version. R 23m. 102mm underfoot. Length 186.

Excellent. An off piste ski that still offers fun on piste*. snowHead

*An extended version of this review is available should anyone want to read it via the spooler
I was after a replacement 'off piste' powder ski after my first purchase proved 'sub optimal' for my needs when I came across the Coreupt 99 Euro deal a little while back. Coreupt had gone into administration and the German distributor was off loading their stock.

After bit of research on the web the POWs seemed to fit the bill, a traditional cambered twin tip with 102mm underfoot.

First impressions were 'OK' but there was some 'spookiness' in some very specific piste conditions which robbed a bit of confidence. At the time I was still rehabbing an ACL reconstruction but in the end the culprit was put down to a fine hanging burr from the factory.

Freshly serviced under spyderjon's watchful gaze I've just spent a week with them in Chamonix in a range of snow conditions. While my intention is to use them as an off-piste ski I still like to be able to play on-piste when there.

Their on-piste performance is good, railing easily on tracks and carving long turns nicely at speed. They strike me as a relatively stiff ski so require a bit of speed & effort to get the best from them but are stable at speed. No problems in the bumps despite being a little wider than I would usually prefer.

In shallow powder they work nicely, making fast tempo arcs down the side excellent fun and showing the ski's agility when 'in' the snow. Long radius GS style make for a fun plan 'b'. In deeper fresh snow they responded better to a more direct line and gave plenty of 'bounce'. In chopped up stuff they are stiff enough to bash through or agile enough to track around the bumps.

The principle down side is that they feel pretty heavy, not helped by my Marker Barons.

As an off piste ski that still offers fun on piste they work nicely. All in all an excellent ski and at 99 Euro what's not to like.
thingy wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy