Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy super g (only open if you want to know results) - spoiler alert

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Chemmy finished 23rd in the Cortina Super G today.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a link to a youtube video on her Twitter feed- looked very good! She came from position 50- well done to Chemmy!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's only a good result when you put into context the 19 DNFs, she played it safe and got to the end. A result is a result I will not argue with that.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good news that she got the chance to show the BSS that she is fit to race and still got it - 7th feb getting close!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
extremerob wrote:
It's only a good result when you put into context the 19 DNFs, she played it safe and got to the end. A result is a result I will not argue with that.

true on both counts and if you add the 19 DNF's on to her 23rd then that puts her at 42nd (assuming all the DNF's would have naturally finished higher than her had they not DN'd) which is the same level she got in her previous 2 finishes.

As you say, she finished, when others didn't, and got the result which will stand in the records. To finish first, first you've got to finish. Clearly 19 other people didn't.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ansta1 wrote:
extremerob wrote:

true on both counts and if you add the 19 DNF's on to her 23rd then that puts her at 42nd (assuming all the DNF's would have naturally finished higher than her had they not DN'd) which is the same level she got in her previous 2 finishes.

As you say, she finished, when others didn't, and got the result which will stand in the records. To finish first, first you've got to finish. Clearly 19 other people didn't.

I think that is slightly disingenuous (WTGR).

http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing/events-and-places/event=33428/race=75164/index.html

There were other skiers who finished behind her who one might expect to have finished higher-placed and some of those DNFs, particularly from the similar start numbers (post 40, for example) may well not have beaten her either.

There's no way to tell, I do appreciate that. That she did complete the course and finish where she did is as much testament to her singlemindeness as her ability. I, for one, was delighted for her and the shriek of delight at the end was telling.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cacciatore, not at all disingenuous, as I pointed out the assumption was that the 19 dnf's would have normally placed above her, which was unlikely but I haven't looked at the details.

As you can see I posted the initial results without any further details as I only had the twitter and fbook posts from Chemmy to go by. And I think my final paragraph indicates my support for the result and her efforts.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ansta1 wrote:

...if you add the 19 DNF's on to her 23rd then that puts her at 42nd (assuming all the DNF's would have naturally finished higher than her had they not DN'd) which is the same level she got in her previous 2 finishes.

I think my post covered it. I did use the word "slightly". I stand by that - I'm not sure that your simple assumption necessarily reflects what may have happened. I guess we'll never know. All I did was link to the result and suggest that she did finish above some skiers who one might have thought would do better. Some DNFs may have beaten her had they finished. Some probably not.

ansta1 wrote:
To finish first, first you've got to finish. Clearly 19 other people didn't.

Can't argue with that.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
She started, she finished, and was 23rd. That's the beginning and end of it for me- and I wish her well in the olympics.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
does she get a medal for 23rd?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy