Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt and Cervinia 26 & 27 November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had 2 great days skiing in Zermatt and Cervinia. In Zermatt all lifts on the glacier are open and you can ski as far down as Schwarsee, but you have to download from there. Apparently one run is open in Gonergratt. Snow is in great condition being helped by baltic temps, yesterday's -24c made today's -19c seem positively mild. Clear blue skies made some great views. Much snow making is going on as a consequence and a lot of preparation is taking place on the runs to the resort.

In Cervinia you can ski down to the tram at Lago Cime Blanc. It is also possible to ski the piste on the North side, but no lifts are open on that side so you have to access it from the Swiss side and then take the bubble back up from Plan Maison. A consequence of this is that no one is using some marvellous snow and I had a great lunch in Chalet L'etoile which was open for the few who could find their way to it.

The recent snow has helped, but only really cosmetically, at least everything looks white now! But it hasn't been sufficeient to open up any new terrain. More is needed to get things off to a proper start.

Most worrying event was the the North Wall bar in Zermatt wasn't open so I was denied an evening of the wit, wisdom and pizzas of Chris Patient hopefully it's just a bit tooearly in the season, but there were no signs indicating when he is opneing.

Back in Le Chable now, skiing what's open in Verbier tommorrow and will report after that.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stevie, What was it like in Verbier? snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve Sparks, I'm keeping a close eye on Cervinia webcam + forecast with a few to head there at the weekend. The long term forecast is quite promising Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy