Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lake Louise Super G

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A reminder that it starts at 7.30 pm tonight on Eurosport - here's the start order...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks PG, I missed the C4 and had forgotten about the Europsports coverage rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great to see Bode is still pushing to the limit, well past the limit really !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
and back to normal we missed the brit skier.....................

oh well, he seemed to make the first split before departing the course.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought the wall was brilliant to watch. Hardly anyone seemed able to ski it well - even herminator! My hero bennie Raich managed 2nd though with a typically precise run, it's nice to see someone so absolutely thrilled to have won as well.

Supe G really is the best discipline for TV. The speed is more obvious than in downhill because of the turns, and the crashes often more spectacular (if you like that sort of thing - I don't). The angles some of the skiers achieve are amazing. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I agree, it was excellent to watch. Super G is the one event that put me off doing a downhill until this year as it is so bloody hard. Downhill seems easier, as whilst not much faster, the room and recovery time make it more enjoyable.

I am still annoyed that british eurosport never puts the effort in to show the rest of the race, whilst a 90 minute show is ok, I want to watch the rest. Maybe even if thy have an extended show overnight that i can record, or even a weekely something editied together with "best british" accross all different sports. It is british eurosport after all....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frenchman Pierre Dalcin's fall was certainly spectacular. Haven't heard whether he did himself any serious damage, but he refused the easy way down the mountain, skiing down on what was left of one ski, holding his left shoulder - hope it's not a broken collarbone.

paulhothersall, Dalcin's crash meant we missed three or four racers, but we still wouldn't have seen Finlay with a start number of 49. Really annoying as you say. Same with the 1st runs of the GS etc, after the top 30 racers have gone down, that's it - which means we miss the occasional remarkable performance by a newcomer breaking into the elite - spectacular to watch someone starting around 60, getting into the top 20, fighting his way through what's left of the course after 50 plus racers have been down.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A real skier he was! I liked the way his coach came down and then what looked like bumped into his shoulder.

Funny when you watch a race live, they are doing the prizegiving whilst your still stood watching the race. that is when you really want a late runner charge, and upset the podium sitters.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A worthwhile article about the new star of Norwegian skiing Aksel Lund Svindal ... and a few words about the lighting of the Olympic torch for Turin 2006. Report by Nathaniel Vinton for the International Herald Tribune.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
paulhothersall, I couldn't agree more. I want to see it all too. If there are Brits I definitely want to see them, and I want to see Snowleopard if he's competing!! This year a couple of top guys have changed nationalities, which means they've wiped out their WC points and are starting later in the order - I expect to see some fireworks as a result of this.

Did anyone else find the captions very hard to read? I know my TV's small but I had to guess who it was if John was a bit slow telling us.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Did anyone else find the captions very hard to read? I know my TV's small but I had to guess who it was if John was a bit slow telling us.

I cheat and use the FIS live timing data feed. It actually seems to be upto 1-2 seconds ahead of eurosports on screen graphic and video!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy