Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad Kleinkirchheim info please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been here?

Ok for beginners? Decent nightlife?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was there on a school trip but that was 30yrs ago (and drinking was banned). Sorry can't be of any more help than a chocolate teapot.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dode, thanks for trying
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Holy thread resurrection...

I think I have found a way of getting a few days skiing in at half term (3-3.5 days, not the whole week) at a reasonable cost. Looking at flying in to Ljubjana and after deciding that there wouldn't be enough for us at Kranjska Gora have considered that BKK could be a good option.

Anyone skied there? Any recommendations? Will it be mega busy (given that we've found accommodation that will let us stay for 4 days not a whole week)?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
was there many years ago, but usually most of the ski resorts in Kärnten are not so busy as Tirol, Lech, St.Anton, Salzburg area etc
BKK is not a bad resort. A little bit underestimate but i think good enough
the slopes are among trees, and they have good artificial snow system, and pistegroomers...
for 4 days is enough i think
dont forget to visit the pool complex of the area..they are famous for that
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@turms, thanks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hammerite, it's Franz Klammer's home town, what's not to like? Toofy Grin

It has a world cup standard run (alternates with St Anton and Altenmarkt on the ladies circuit), so there is more than enough to keep you and junior happy. Don't forget the bathers though, the Bad stands for spa, it is a thermal spring area so lots of opportunities to pamper the muscles at the end of the day! wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@matt23, swimming outside in warm water watching the skiers is terrific. We spent two weeks in the then non lift linked St Oswald many moons ago in an apartment block with a thermal pool in the garden. Much smaller and simpler ( and to my mind far nicer) than the massive one in BKK, though that has loads of features for kids who can swim confidently) We were beginners and didn't get bored even with the St Oswald slopes. Nice little place.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Samerberg Sue, Jnr is on the school ski trip, this is Vicky and I hopefully sneaking away for a few days while he's away Happy I did note that it was Franz Klammer's back yard, seems rude not to go to BKK as we spent Christmas at Herman Maier's place snowHead

I always have a problem going swimming while on a trip - I just can't be bothered. I usually rely on a beer to relieve my aching limbs!

Thanks for the info.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hammerite, (Hi Vicky), I think you'll enjoy the place to be honest - very picture-skew and a nice relaxed atmosphere. Don't knock the thermal pools despite the comments. If your accommodation has one, use it! The thermal waters massaging tired leg muscles while the arm ones do light weight lifting (of Steins wink ) is the perfect combination in my mind! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My boys invented a game which entailed shoving a handful of snow down the front of their swimming trunks then lying on the edge of the pool. Last one to roll back into the warm water was the winner. I know what you mean about swimming on ski trips. There's a big new sports centre in my French resort but I CBA to go there especially as the local chat is that it's a tad chilly. But a warm pool where you can swim out into the open air is something special. Ice cold water is of course far better for muscles...it's what the rugbymen do! Even my mum, who could barely swim, enjoyed the one in Sankt Oswald despite being disconcerted by glimpsing hairy German backsides through the fog of condensation in the changing room.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes I've been to BKK 10 years ago now. I can barely remember the skiing as I hadn't been skiing very long then but I remember having a good time!
The thermal spas in town are worth a visit yes, we went one day during the week and enjoyed it.
I keep meaning to go back there sometime.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As they're thermal we'd probably give them a go. I've taken my swimming stuff on nearly every ski trip where a pool has been nearby or in the hotel, but only swum once - in Kitzbuhel. We were about 100m from Wasserwelt over Christmas but didn't bother - although we did go there 4 times over the summer.

I've come home to a potential spanner in the BKK works. Vicky has been checking out flights to Munich and the train to Garmisch, I'm not as keen on this option!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hammerite, seriously struggling right now for snow in Bayern. I've a friend I chat with on a daily basis who lives in GAP and she says it is crap. She manages about 2 or 3 hours a week at the moment going out early in the mornings and finishing early around 11.00am when the Schicki-Micki crawl out of their 5-star hotels or their posh cars from Munich. She went for a run today as it was raining in GAP not snowing, although it turned to snow later on. Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Samerberg Sue, useful info, thanks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy