Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Zermatt next week, and wondering about full area or Zermatt only passes.

Most of us are pretty experienced skiers so the full area pass seems like a no brainer, but we also have a complete beginner and a 1 week skier. Will they need the full area pass? Looking at the piste map it looks like the only way down into Italy is Red, so thinking this may not be within reach of someone on their first week. Am I right there?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure anyone needs the full pass, there is loads and loads just on the swiss side. The Italian side is a must do, but you don't need to do it more than once, as it is a big faff getting up to go over. We've always found it cheaper to upgrade the pass for the day you want over to Italy only, you can to that the morning you go or the night before.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd upgrade on the day. It's not a big faff to get over right now- empty pistes and no queues anywhere (was just there last week)
Plenty of good skiing on Zermatt side. Red 1 to Valtournenche would be a bit much for beginners I would say and then there is getting back...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
flaming, A lot depends on the weather. You don't want to risk getting stuck in Cervinia if the wind closes the lifts. But, if not much wind and plenty of sunshine then you could spend a few enjoyable days cruising the pistes in Italy. As for the beginner beware the return to Zermatt via the 3 stage chair above Plan Maison. At the top you need to ski down a narrow track which bends around the summit and has a scary drop-off on one side. Anyone of a nervous disposition or a beginner would have difficulty with that. I think the cable car return further along is ok.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The scary drop off has nets on either side though...beginners can snowplough it quite easily. Harder bit is keeping enough speed up on the glacier...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers guys, good info.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dr Rock wrote:
I'd upgrade on the day. It's not a big faff to get over right now- empty pistes and no queues anywhere (was just there last week)
Plenty of good skiing on Zermatt side. Red 1 to Valtournenche would be a bit much for beginners I would say and then there is getting back...

Pretty big faff when I was there. Cable car shut. Very long flat drag lifts at -18....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr Rock wrote:
The scary drop off has nets on either side though...beginners can snowplough it quite easily. Harder bit is keeping enough speed up on the glacier...

Was there a couple of weeks ago and had to help someone side slip down this bit. She was petrified. Wouldn't be a great experience for a beginner to have to be untangled from the nets.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy