Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructing in New Zealand options

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Son number one is on his way to achieving his CASI 2 in whistler and now starting his application process for a work visa in New Zealand , he needs to select a resort in which to teach , and has narrowed his search down to , coronet peak or the remarkables near queenstown or treble cone near wanna aka , seems the boarding is great a treble cone but living near queenstown is busy and better
Anyone have any experience of living and working in New Zealand and especially any of the three resorts mentioned , would really appreciate any help and tip in choosing
snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dabber, it's quite competitive as carrying on to NZ after doing a gap course is quite common. Of the 6 instructors I travelled with only I got a job, all equally qualified but I was a little older and at least came across as a bit more mature Very Happy

We got there pretty early and worked picking fruit etc, I worked on Sam Neils vine yard for a little while. Actually it was a bit like what I imagined migrant workers in the US experience, waiting on a street corner every morning then a truck would come by saying they had work for x people today. Queenstown is quite full on and the place to go for partying,

I found skiing in NZ is a little like skiing in Scotland though at higher altitude the weather can be bad and the hill could be closed for days on end. There is skiing on the north island but for a season id only really look at the south island, treble cone was probably my favourite area the town wanaka is really laid back and fat less touristy/party town than Queenstown. Mt Hutt and Cardrona not as interesting terrain, Coronet Peak is good but really means basing yourself in Queenstown and forking out extra cash for digs. I lost allot of days to bad weather so having a more human base with plenty to do is a must.

It's all a bit sketchy now as it was a good while ago now sadly, I got plenty of private cash in hand lessons which was good. I ended up in Japan after, a mate I energy with has never left!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers , my so is also a little older than gap year , and has many other things to offer in the skills line , so think he would get a job , but out of interst how old were you at the time
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dabber, I was 24 at the time, best advice is to get there early. April time would be best, this will be before the season starts and give s good opportunity to get a non ski job, get the lay of the land and somewhere to live. My mates that didn't get instructing jobs still had a whale of a time, travelled NZ, free skied. They did have to go home earlier than me though, instructors aren't well paid, but with a few cash in hand private lessons you can supplement your income.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grizwald, cheers for insight , he's 26 and financially secure , as he worked for five years before taking course , he is planning on going direct from canada at the end of his course in march , so should be ahead of the game , but I know gets keen to advance his coaching standard to level 3 and on , so the time on snow in the summer will be invaluable before the task of working back in North America next year
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did 4 seasons in Queenstown, 1 training at Coronet and 3 working at Remarkables. In order to get a job I had to take part in the hiring clinic, that's in early June. So even if he doesn't find a job ahead of time, there's a chance he can just turn up and find one. Being solely a snowboard instructor can be tough, a lot of schools want snowboarders to also teach skiing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jimmer, cheeers will let him know Shocked ,he can ski but not instruct
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jimmer, would you have a contact number / name for ski school
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NZski (.com), runs Coronet and Remarkables, I believe applications are open online, or will be opening soon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy