Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North Face Free Thinker Jacket and glove advice!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I am new to the forum and was just looking for some information regarding The North Face Free Thinker jacket. I am an experienced skier and and just purchased this jacket in a size medium have found it to fit perfectly everywhere apart from the shoulders. It is far too tight and was wondering if anyone had similar problems with their north face jackets. Also does anyone know how large the difference is between the medium and large, I ordered it online which makes it a pain to keep sending items back.

On another note I am also looking for a pair of gloves. I wouldn't want to spend more than about £100 but ideally they would be around £50-75. I have had many decent gloves in the past but my problem has always been with the breathability of items. In general I am a warm person who does not require many layers whilst skiing. My problem with most gloves is that my hands overheat. Any suggestions on gloves for people like me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

James
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jw2014, Hi welcome to snowHead s What size chest are you ? My free thinker fits perfectly for me, they may have altered the cut Confused But it was primarily a mountaineering jacket, so designed to be closer fitting.
Mines one of the old bombproof ones and is still going strong Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jw2014, Welcome to snowHeads.
I have a Free Thinker in large, its quite close fitting.

Have a look at the Level range of gloves, there are some with weatherproof vents on the back of the hand, also 2 in 1 gloves with removable liners depending on temperature.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi thanks for the quick reply. My chest size is 40 inches which according to the size guide means I should be a medium. Its fine when I am wearing it with just a t-shirt on but when I put layers on including a fleece its quite tight. Good to hear that the jacket is still going strong. I love the design and hopefully if I get the size right I'll be able to keep it for a couple of seasons Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the reply Spyderman! It's good to see I'm not the only one having this problem. I'm not going skiing till mid February so I have plenty of time to sort it out. I think my best bet is to send the jacket back and try the large. Doe anyone know if The north face jackets have a large difference between the sizes?

Thanks for the recommendation for the gloves as well, I will certainly have a look at those now. Some sort of venting would be useful for warmer days and removable liners would be ideal.

Many thanks,

James
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy