Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any older skiers (60's) looking for buddies? France/Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Friendly female wanting to share with a female in a catered chalet or join a group. Still fit and keen red runner but tackle all runs. Any resort with lots of skiing. Reasonable price - not a millionaire so last minute deal would be good.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maggie2, Welcome to snowHeads. You could have a look at this:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=107013&highlight=
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey get signed up for EOSB in April. Great bunch of skiiers. Quite a few 50's & 60's still skiing strong. I am coming with my pal Petesor (51 ish) I am 67 and legs still working so far. Had a really good bash ln April 2013
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that, had considered but decided too late in the season for me - Enjoy!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just had a looked at the EOSB.
Im off to Tignes 2nd Feb, If my body holds out I will give the EOSB a look see. (If it matters Im 65)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, its good to see there a few of us oldies still having a good and fun ski. I have now taken a booking to go to Vaujany - Alp D'Hez this Sunday, 26th, so if any other older snowheads going there and want a ski pal, let me know. Otherwise, have fun wherever you go.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
looking for a solo skier for this season. Am 65 female and do all the runs. Might get discount on my ski pass.
I don't like to pay the single supplements and I can go last minute. Anyone interested? (flying from Gatwick)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Dutchski, See my post above, I'm not paying a supplement as it is a last minute booking to Alp D'Huez going from Gatwick. Get in touch if you are interested (I'm 67) I think you can send a private e'mail somehow through this system!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes will try to book for this week-end. Let you know
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've booked with Skipeak in Chalet Hotel Du Rissiou - a bit basic - the price on their web is not what I am paying so make sure you tell them you have seen it cheaper on a booking site and can you have a room without supplement - I know they have spaces left and this late you might get it even cheaper! They do "Ski Friends" guiding and say there are a other older people.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
www.ice-fire.co.uk still have a few rooms left in chalet campanules nr la plagne this weekend.Flights to Geneva need to be booked separately..arriving before specific times if you want to take advantage of their transfers..details on their website..hope everyone gets fixed up & has a grest time on (& off) the slopes!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yes, finally booked for 26/1 to les Arcs and no single supplement. Let you know how it was.
Have a good holiday in Alp d'huez
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great - Enjoy! Busy packing............
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spotted this thread earlier, looked up the Snowhead Bashes - and hey presto, it would appear I will be going on my 3rd ski trip this season - this site is more dangerous than internet shopping when drunk Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maggie2 wrote:
Friendly female wanting to share with a female in a catered chalet or join a group. Still fit and keen red runner but tackle all runs. Any resort with lots of skiing. Reasonable price - not a millionaire so last minute deal would be good.

Im pleased you managed to fix something this year, and as Its a bit late this season to come up with any other ideas for you but, for next season you may want to keep in touch
We are a small and disparate group (from London, Leicester, West Country, Manchester....) of skiers all 50+ ( i'm 63) and we are mixed ability BUT all keen on a bit of last-minute value!! This year we had a couple of trips some of our number got a trip in to Obergurgal and theres another 8 going to Meribel next weekend ,
The group plan isnt rocket science , basically we find out dates that suit most , then grab a deal usually trying to bag as much value into the package (free or half price lift passes, free ski carriage, drinks with dinner, etc...) fr'instnce our chalet in Meribel this year costs £450 - brochure pricing £745.We booked last weekend.
Keep in touch for next year and trust you'll have fun in Alpe D'Huez.
ski holidays
Thirsty, would you mind keeping me in the loop for next season? I try to do a couple of trips but the better deal I can get, the more trips I can do. I'm happy to put some legwork into finding the deals. Do you all communicate via here or Email?
ski holidays
Dear Maggie2 and Thirsty
I am always looking for ski opportunities, 64, female, happy with all runs and conditions, would love to join in any chalet bookings on times I could get off work. Would be delighted to be "in your loop". Just back from Cervinia today and feeling that I need to spend more time in the mountains!
Anne
snow report
Dear Thirsty
Could you please include me for information re: any proposed forthcoming trips for next season - thanks
snow conditions
Thirsty, I too would like to know more about your future planned trips. Anything in mind for next month?
snow conditions
Hi Maggie2, had a good week ski-ing in Les Arc's lots of snow, looking for a good deal in March. interested? Cool
snow conditions
One of the great things about snowheads is that age is really pretty irrelevant.
snow report
Thirsty , can i join your link , 61 male likes to ski anything and always looking for a good last min deal .
Based in Birmingham , 3 of use were in Montgenerve jan 11 th with a school group , the kids ate at seperate times and really did not bother us .
We paid £ 299.00 each inc flights , transfers and half board meals , great location and great snow.
You should consider these as they very often have spare spaces and are normally in great locations.
Ian
ski holidays
Hello Thirsty and Dutchski Back from a good ski and would love to go again but don't think the funds will allow this year unless it is very cheap. Thirsty, thanks for the reply, is there a way I can keep in touch for next year? Your way of booking is just up my street and you can be sure there is snow before you book!
snow conditions
Hi Maggie2, Thirsty and other 60+, any interest in skiing a cheap week in March leaving from Gatwick?
snow report
Hi to all you guys.
I am looking for a ski trip early or late march? (or both) Been to St Anton and Trois Vallees so far this season. Am i greedy? Me male, 61 and fit to rumble. Any runs.
Prefer chalet board, premier resorts, couple of beers. happy sharing. £££s dictates.
Exit gatwick, Southampton or Bristol, as based in hampshire.
Ed
ski holidays
Hi to all who have posted. Very envious of you all who can afford to go 3 times, especially to St Anton etc wonderful. If I win the lottery I will join you but have to wait for next year otherwise. Hopefully some of you have got together from this post and will enjoy!
snow conditions
Hi all, let's wait until half term is over and then see what the snow conditions are and hopefully we will be able to book a cheap late booking for about £300 incl. flight from Gatwick, we might have to share rooms.
ski holidays
Hi Maggie2, good to know you through snowHeads. Hopefully we will hit the slopes together next time.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thirsty, Hi Thirsty, I'm a 51 year old, female, intermediate skier from the North (Halifax). I'd really appreciate it if you would let me know of anything you're sorting out for future dates, this year or next. Regards, Ange
snow report
hi l am a solo skier wishing to join a trip,l live in bristol, l always try to fly from bristol v easy access .. l am 60s fit and athletic ,ski most runs v fast or slow. never had to go alone before .used to find good deals for 2 now a bit stuck for how to organise a single .with all the suppliments etc .. been to many resorts in poland slovakia france and austria ... trying to go in march last minute .. any dates 12th march onwards for a week ... any one flying from bristol, l can join a younger group also ,young at heart.... love to be in the mountains ,its the best freedom... zbys
snow report
Singlesport is all about solo skiers & most are 40-70. We have one single room left this season in Cervinia on 6 April but if you visit our website & sign for the newsletter you will be first to hear our dates for next year
http://www.singlesport.com/winter-holidays/italy/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy